- Property for sale
- Holiday Guides
- What's new?
- My Shortlist
- Advertise with us
The Cottage - a newly renovated stone barn - Gîte Holiday Rental in St Sigismond De Clermont, Charente-Maritime, France
Le Manoir - Cottage & Gite in 4 Acre Grounds of a 350 year Old Manor House
Le Manoir offers a stunning 3 Bedroomed Cottage & a lovely 2 bedroomed Gite for rent in its spacious grounds. We are situated in sunny Charente Maritime amidst a wealth of vineyards, sunflowers and rolling countryside, neighbouring historic towns like Jonzac, Mirambeau and Montendre offer typical French market town life.
The traditional buildings on the site create a beautiful setting for a relaxing holiday. The uninhabited chateau 500m down the lane adds an inspiring backdrop and with WIFI Broadband Internet, you can stay in touch and share your experiences with family & friends.
Holidaying at Le Manoir is all about having loads of family things to do in the safe environment of our huge grounds, we frequently hear from parents that they were suprised that they actually had some relaxation themselves and found they needed to go and find what the kids were doing when they had finished their reading and wanted some interaction. Le Manoir tries to turn the "Mum I'm bored" holiday on its head.
But when you are ready to explore the area, just hop in the car for a huge variety of fun, exploring and sight-seeing. We are only 30 minutes from the fabulous family friendly golden atlantic beaches at Royan and only 15 minutes from the quaint fishing ports on the massive Gironde estuary. The area is steeped in history and has a range of good quality family tourist attractions, several are world class.
The accomodation is very well equipped including antique furniture, dishwashers and satellite TVs and WIFI broadband. Le Manoir provides an ideal base for a family holiday and for exploring the South of France. The 4 acre grounds offer plenty of space to relax and unwind and with lots to keep the children (and adults!) entertained.
Besides the 10m by 5m beautiful saltwater pool, both the Cottage & the Gite have their own large patios with big barbecues and hardwood table and chairs so you can enjoy outdoor living in the sunny weather to the full.
Holiday Accommodation at The Cottage - a newly renovated stone barn
- Bedroom 1 (13m2) - master room overlooking the grounds, fields and forest, with king sized double bed, antique wardrobe, chest of drawers and door to ensuite shower room with hydromassage shower cubicle and victorian style WC and sink. Solid oak floor boards and doors, exposed stonework.
- Bedroom 2 (15m2) - with two single beds and two stone windows overlooking the grounds. If you wish to sleep 7 we can provide a folding bed at additional charge. Large antique wardrobe & chest of drawers.. Solid oak floor boards and exposed stone work.
- Bedroom 3 (14m2) - on the ground floor, with full disabled access. 2 single beds, antique wardrobe and chest of drawers, huge stone window to the grounds. 90cm solid oak door to an ensuite wet room with top quality toilet, wash basin amd walk in shower with seat.
- Main Bathroom (9m2) - Upstairs - Unusually large and luxurious with huge walk in shower, free standing victorian style bath, twin hand basins set in teak and a victorian style WC.
- Huge living area downstairs ( 41m2) At one end there is a fully fitted, high quality IKEA hush-close kitchen, in the centre, there is a dining area with an oak table. Then there is a large lounge area with a comfy sofa, arm chairs, UK Satelite TV, DVD Game Console etc. This part of the room extends to the full height of the barn creating a very airy and light feeling. Looking up, you can see the galleried landing and the exposed oak beams above
- Utility room to the side of the kitchen area (5m2) with downstairs toilet - handy for BBQ's! , washing machine and sink.
- Large Patio for sole use of Gite with hardwood table, chairs, sun parasole and planters.
- Large Charcoal Barbecue.
- Salt Water Swimming pool (shared but, if possible, we always try to let you have the pool to yourself if that is what you want) - 10mx5m with large steps to side, diving board, shallow end 1 metre deep, deep end 2.3m (8ft).
- Safety Pool Alarm.
- Sun Loungers
- Games area in the adjacent traditional barn with Pool Table, Table Tennis, Darts, full sized Table Football.
- Large (16ft) Trampoline, Volleyball/Badminton, Punch bag, boule.
- In extensive grounds with large chestnut trees.
- Large selection of children's toys on request.
- Some mountains bikes for rent (from €3)
About St Sigismond De Clermont in Charente-Maritime, Poitou Charentes
Set in gently rolling countryside and surrounded by woodland, apple orchards, sunflowers and vineyards and only a short drive from the coast. The local lanes are a delight for a quiet stroll or a family cycle ride when you can spot lots of interesting wildlife including huge birds of prey circling the woodland. When you are bored with watching the sun go down over your BBQ, there are plenty of good restaurants within a short drive.
There are a wealth of pretty villages and fishing harbours to be explored on the nearby massive Gironde Estuary, 15 minutes by car. There are cycling paths and fishing along much of the estuary shore. The fabulous golden family-friendly beaches at Royan and St Georges are little more than half an hour away. You have a choice of sophisticated and safe town beaches, cornish coves with superb rock pools and completely wild atlantic surf. If you bring a fishing rod you could have some really fresh fish for the BBQ!
Royan, St Georges and Meschers offer everything you would expect from good seaside resorts. There is a world class zoo just north of Royan at La Palmyre.
There are a wide range of tourist attractions for adults and children for example, the aquarium at La Rochelle is superb, you can become a prehistoric man and try to spear a wild boar at the Paleosite near Saintes, you can go boating on the river Charente or the sea at Royan, there are caves to explore and loads of the usual seaside entertainments like mini-golf.
The nearby town of Saintes offers Roman arches, amphitheatre and churches to explore and a plethora of chateaux and restaurants are waiting to be discovered. Jonzac (10 minutes) has a lovely Chateau and historic walks through the medeival walled town.
Cognac, Rochefort and Ile D’oleron are all within easy driving distance, with La Rochelle and Ile de Rey further up the coast. Cognac has some surprisingly entertaining visits at the headquarters of brands like Remy Martin.
Heading south, Arcachon with it’s famous Pyla sand dune and beaches are a must to visit and Bordeaux offers chic French city life.
The wildlife of the area is unbelievable - a tribute to the traditional farming methods in use. You will see lots of very large birds of prey as you drive around.
See Local guide and map for information on nearby towns and facilities.
How To Get To St Sigismond De Clermont in Charente-Maritime, South West France
- 1 hour from Bordeaux Airport.
- 1 hour from La Rochelle airport.
- Airport or train station collection at competitive rates.
- 7 hours from Caen.
- 6 hours from St Malo / Le Havre
- 8 - 9 hours from Calais.
See Local guide and map for information on nearby towns and airports.
Facilities at The Cottage - a newly renovated stone barn
|Bedrooms||1 double, 2 twin|
|Living Area||110 m²|
|Suitability||Non-smoking, Suitable for children, Suitable for the elderly, Touring motorcyclists welcome, Wheelchair access|
|Internal facilities||Board Games, CD player, DVD player, English satellite TV, Exclusive rental, Games console, Wi-Fi Broadband Internet, Owner on site, TV, VCR, Video games|
|Kitchen facilities||Dishwasher, Electric oven, Fridge-Freezer, Gas hob, Ironing facilities, Microwave, Washing machine|
In The Cottage you will enjoy a very large living area with a high spec Ikea kitchen at one end, Lots of comfy sofas and seats at the other and a large oak dining table seating upto 8 in between. There is a superb hardwood staircase leading to a galleried landing lit by a large chandelier. Beautiful Charenties stone is on show in every room, all of the internal doors are solid oak as is the floor upstairs and many of the window lintels. The original oak beams - over 100 years old - are on show in most rooms and bathrooms.
Unusually, there is one bathroom for every bedroom. All are finished to a very high standard. In addition, there is a BBQ loo downstairs so Dad can spend his time looking after the food.
Separate Utility room with exclusive washing machine.
|External features on site||Barbecue, Garden, Scenic views, Swimming pool (shared use)|
Availability at The Cottage - a newly renovated stone barn
Availability last updated on: - Sunday, May 5, 2013
- Booked / Unavailable
|Accommodation rental period||Tariff|
|18 May 2013 - 24 May 2013||
£385.00 per property per week
|25 May 2013 - 31 May 2013||
£480.00 per property per week
|1 June 2013 - 7 June 2013||
£450.00 per property per week
|8 June 2013 - 28 June 2013||
£500.00 per property per week
|29 June 2013 - 12 July 2013||
£735.00 per property per week
|13 July 2013 - 19 July 2013||
£1,030.00 per property per week
|20 July 2013 - 2 August 2013||
£1,155.00 per property per week
|3 August 2013 - 16 August 2013||
£1,260.00 per property per week
|17 August 2013 - 23 August 2013||
£1,155.00 per property per week
|24 August 2013 - 30 August 2013||
£1,105.00 per property per week
|31 August 2013 - 6 September 2013||
£850.00 per property per week
|7 September 2013 - 13 September 2013||
£650.00 per property per week
|14 September 2013 - 27 September 2013||
£550.00 per property per week
|28 September 2013 - 11 October 2013||
£415.00 per property per week
|12 October 2013 - 1 November 2013||
£350.00 per property per week
Additional price information
- Prices are based on occupancy by 6 people (2 in each bedroom). An additional person can be accommodated by adding an extra 3rd bed into the largest twin bedded bedroom. An extra rental charge of £40 per week is payable if you require this option.
Special Rates for Lets of 4 weeks or more £650 per month Oct to March
We are happy to discuss alternative changeover days outside of peak weeks and holidays.
- Linen hire includes bathroom towels but not pool towels.
- Please note that a tax on holidaymakers has been introduced. Known as the Tax Sejour, it is 66 centimes €0.66 per night of your stay for each person over 13 years old. Disabled persons are exempt. This tax needs to be paid to the owner in euros at the end of your stay.
Email the owner
To contact owner directly
(Advertising since February 2005)
Tel: + 33 (0)5 46 86 54 24
Tel 2: + 33 (0)6 74 59 11 41
Languages spoken by owner English
Please mention French Connections.