- Property for sale
- Holiday Guides
- What's new?
- My Shortlist
- Advertise with us
Maison La Boulp - Converted barn Holiday Rental in Najac, Aveyron, France
Charming and Romantic House with Pool and Views, in 50 Acres of Land
Maison La Boulp is an oasis of tranquility where time stands still. This beautiful and luxuriously renovated stone barn offers the perfect traditional French country holiday to guests who expect the highest of standards. It has been equipped with just about every possible modern convenience and comfort, surrounding you with a feeling of total relaxation as the only sounds come from the rustling of the leaves in the oak trees which surround you.
The private swimming pool situated right next to the dining terrace give the ideal spot to spend long summer evenings. The magnificent kitchen, dining room and lounge are superbly appointed, and the air-conditioning throughout ensures you are comfortable at all times.
The property is situated high on a hillside in it's own enormous wooded grounds, with dramatic views over the gorge of the Aveyron river and the famous village of Najac with it's mediaeval chateau.
This property is ideal for couples, groups or families who wish to enjoy their holiday in a secluded spot, away from noise. If you are perhaps a busy professional and need a restful break but with high-speed internet access, that is available at the property too.
Holiday Accommodation at Maison La Boulp
The whole property is very spacious and light, and everywhere there is a sense of exquisite taste and refinement. Renovated in 2007, having formerly been a barn, the property still retains original architectural features such as exposed beams, lovely stonework and colombage walls. The ground floor is semi-open plan, with a superb lounge with an open fireplace and a very well-equipped kitchen. Adjacent to the kitchen area there is a dining room, and upstairs there are three tastefully presented double bedrooms, and a classical bathroom.
There is air-conditioning throughout the house.
The house is situated at the end of a private track through oak trees.
Entry is into:
- The light lounge, which has several comfortable sofas and armchairs. This floor has impressive exposed carpentry and stonework, and a tiled floor. Antique sideboards, ornaments and a coffee table give the room an air of sophistication. There is satellite TV and a DVD, and high-speed internet access (either by cable connection of wi-fi.) The open fireplace can be used if you wish.
Small steps lead up to:
- The dining area, which has a large table with seating for six people, and a chandelier above.
- The kitchen is very modern, and has all of the conveniences you should need. There is a large fridge-freezer, a quality gas hob and oven, a dishwasher, washing machine, coffee maker, and an island for food preparation. There is lots of storage, and all of the cooking and dining equipment you should need.
Outside the kitchen is the dining terrace and the swimming pool.
There is also:
- A separate WC
From the lounge, a staircase leads up to:
- Three double bedrooms, two of which have French doors opening out onto the attractive garden with a terrace behind the house. Each bedroom has bedside tables with lamps, and air conditioning. The beds are dressed with high quality bed linen. Each bedroom has been decorarated and equipped in gentle white and cream tones.
- The bathroom is very spacious, and offers a beautiful roll-top bath as well as a shower and twin washbasins. The room has a wooden floor, and a heated towel rail. Once again, as one would expect with this property, high quality towels are all provided.
- A dressing room with plenty of storage.
- An additional shower room with a WC.
- The Swimming Pool - 7m x 4m exclusive swimming pool is situated in a private position, just outside the kitchen and dining room. It has been designed in a "lavoir" style, with even a fountain sprinkling into the lovely turquoise water. The water is oxygenated rather than chlorinated, therefore is very kind on the skin and eyes. The water is around 1.5 metres deep throughout. It is reached by stone steps from the dining terrace next to the pool, which has a table and chairs. Here you can while away long summer evenings, hardly needing to move.
- The Garden - the setting is peaceful and beautiful. The enclosed grounds extend to 20 hectares, and overlook the mediaeval village of Najac. The view of the chateau across the valley is breathtaking. There are lots of trees, shrubs, camellia and magnolia trees. The whole property benefits from plenty of sunshine all day.
- There is adequate parking for at several cars.
About Najac in Aveyron, Midi Pyrenees
Maison La Boulp is in a beautiful rural region of the Aveyron département, and is within 5 minutes drive of Najac, a famous mediaeval village perched along a dramatic ridge with an extraordinary chateau at it's peak. The village is one of "Les Plus Beaux Villages de France", and is surrounded by wooded hillsides with the river Aveyron rushing through the gorge below. Najac is visually stunning, and a fascinating village to explore. It is also a perfect centre from which to indulge in outdoor sports and pursuits.
Just 25 minutes away lies the equally well-known Saint Antonin Noble Val, another beautiful medieval village on the river. It has a bustling Sunday food market as well as bars and restaurants, art galleries, and even a cinema with regular English films.
The nearby town of Villefranche de Rouergue sits on the Aveyron too, and is packed with historical and architrectural interest.
Most nearby villages and towns also boast open air markets with an abundance of just about every kind of fresh local produce - including wine. Within just a short drive, you can find many vineyards and caves to sample the superb regional wines, perhaps most notably Gaillac. Some of the regular seasonal village fêtes and fairs are a treat too.
The Aveyron is an unspoilt and peaceful département, where time seems to move at a slower pace than elsewhere. It is blessed throughout with natural oak forests, rivers, gorges, valleys, rolling hills, architectural interest, and an abundance of flora and fauna. There are also many awe-inspiring walks and panoramas.
The house is situated close to the border of two departments (Tarn-et-Garonne and Aveyron) and so is an ideal place from which to explore the different beauty of both.
Cordes-sur-Ciel (30 mins drive) is a breathtaking 13th Century bastide. For those with a pioneering spirit, a walk to the very top is well worth the effort for the views alone.
Gaillac (50 mins drive) is one of the oldest and most famous wine growing regions in France. The huge variety of wines from the area should please all tastes, and it is a fascinating area to explore.
Albi (50 mins drive) is the birthplace of the famous artist Toulouse-Lautrec, and with a superb museum holding hundreds of his works. Sainte Cecile Cathedral is a dominating architectural highlight. The town centre is a lovely place to spend a day in the cafes and restaurants.
See Local guide and map for information on nearby towns and facilities.
How To Get To Najac in Aveyron, South West France
Maison La Boulp can easily be reached by road. It is situated about a 45 minutes' drive from the A20 autoroute junction at Caussade, which is about 70km north of Toulouse.
The drive from each of the ferry ports is mostly autoroute and fast roads. Should you wish to break up the journey, we'd be happy to recommend some excellent places to stay along the way.
By air, there are frequent flights to Toulouse, Rodez and Carcassonne airports. Car hire is readily available at each one.
If you travel by rail, the nearest station is Najac with a mainlne station at Villefranche de Rouergue.
See Local guide and map for information on nearby towns and airports.
Facilities at Maison La Boulp
|Type||Converted barn (Self-catering)|
|Living Area||160 m²|
|Suitability||Non-smoking, Suitable for children, Unsuitable for wheelchair access|
|Linen||Bed linen and towels included.|
|Internal facilities||Air conditioning, CD player, Central heating (electric), DVD player, Exclusive rental, Hairdryer, Wi-Fi Broadband Internet, Owner not on site, TV, Wood burning fire or stove|
|Kitchen facilities||Dishwasher, Fridge-Freezer, Gas hob, Gas oven, Ironing facilities, Washing machine|
Original architectural features such as exposed beams, lovely stonework and colombage walls.
|External features on site||Swimming pool (exclusive use), Barbecue, Garden, Scenic views|
Availability at Maison La Boulp
Availability last updated on: - Friday, April 5, 2013
- Booked / Unavailable
|Accommodation rental period||Tariff|
|4 May 2013 - 28 June 2013||
€700.00 per property per week
|29 June 2013 - 12 July 2013||
€1,200.00 per property per week
|13 July 2013 - 19 July 2013||
€1,400.00 per property per week
|20 July 2013 - 30 August 2013||
€1,450.00 per property per week
|31 August 2013 - 18 October 2013||
€900.00 per property per week
Additional price information
- All prices are per week and are fixed in Euros.
- The only other charge is a returnable damage deposit of 1,000 Pounds (owing to the top-of-the-range equipment in the property.)
- The Gite is non-smoking and pets, unfortunately, are not welcomed.
- The changeover day for guests is Saturday.
- Guests may arrive from 5pm onwards, though you may drop off luggage and enjoy the swimming pool from 3pm on request. Departure time is 11am.
- Baby facilities are available on request.
- To secure a booking, we would ask for a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the rental price at the time of booking. The balance is payable no later than eight weeks before arrival, please.
Email the owner
To contact owner directly
(Advertising since March 2012)
Tel: + 33 (0)5 63 27 26 83
Languages spoken by owner English, French
Please mention French Connections.