- Property for sale
- Holiday Guides
- What's new?
- My Shortlist
- Advertise with us
Cottage 1 - Farmhouse Holiday Rental in Pensol, Haute-Vienne, France
Four Self Catering Cottages and Five Luxury B&B Rooms with Pool and large Fishing Lake
Situated at the end of a winding lane, 2 miles from Marval, in the Parc Naturel Régional Perigord-Limousin, you will find our 7-acre lake set in a beautiful valley amidst 17 acres of woodland. No road, no traffic, just peace and tranquillity in the heart of the French countryside.
30 miles of well-marked footpaths and mountain bike trails surround La Ferme du Lac. You will be enchanted as you pass through a landscape of forests, lakes, hills and wildlife. At least 120 species of birds have been spotted here, along with deer, red squirrels, wild boar and civet cats.
The night sky here at La Ferme du Lac is phenomenal. Equally you will find the sunsets to be magnificent and the sunrises are pretty spectacular too. The early morning mist rolling off the lake, with kingfishers flying by, is a sight to behold.
All in all La Ferme du Lac is the ideal spot for a family holiday in high season, or for couples who want rest and relaxation out of high season.
Holiday Accommodation at Cottage 1
This cottage was completely refurbished in 2006 to a high standard, with wood flooring and carpeting throughout. It is attractively furnished and sits on the edge of the lake:
The accommodation comprises:
- Lounge/diner - with fully equipped corner kitchen and french doors leading to the verandah.
- Two bedrooms (one double and one twin).
- Bathroom - with shower.
It has an exterior verandah, and plenty of room in front for sunbathing, barbecue and for the children to play. While the verandah is a sun trap the interior is pleasantly cool. Excellent for families.
About Pensol in Haute-Vienne, Limousin
Our nearest village is Marval, which has basic amenities and also boasts a 13th Century Chateau (tours can be arranged). There are a number of other interesting villages and towns in the area, many of which have lively weekly markets. One of these, the so-called 'Venice' of the Dordogne, Brantome, is situated just south of us.
There is also an interesting triangle of larger towns, all about 40 miles away. Limoges, famous for its porcelain, lies to the North East, the cliff-top town of Angoulême lies to the west, whilst below us is the old Roman capital of Périgueux. Châlus, site of the siege where Richard the Lion heart was fatally injured, is just up the road.
See Local guide and map for information on nearby towns and facilities.
How To Get To Pensol in Haute-Vienne, Central France
La Ferme du Lac is situated at the end of a winding lane, 2 miles from the village of Marval, on the borders of the Dordogne (24) and Haute Vienne (87) départements.
- From Limoges: 31 miles in approximately 45 - 50 minutes.
From the A20 (Junction 28)/Limoges Airport: At the roundabout at the bottom of the slip road take the N520 exit in the direction of Angouleme. Turn off for LimogesAirport (Bellegarde) is along this road. After this turn off, which will be on the right, you will come to large roundabout – take the D2000 exit in the direction of Perigueux/Aixe-sur-Vienne. Follow this road until you come to a crossroads on the edge of Aixe-sur-Vienne, turn right atthe crossroads onto the N21 still in the direction of Perigueux. About 3 miles past Sereilhac turn right onto the D699, in the direction of Gorre/Cussac/St Mathieu. In Cussac just before the cemetery, turn left onto the D73, in the direction of Marval-Milhaguet. Continue following the Marval signs. Once at the T-junction on the outskirts of Marval, turn right onto the D15, in the direction of Piégut. At the church (on your right), turn left onto the D64, in the direction of Abjat. After about 200 yards take the first left, in the direction of L’Epinassie and follow our blue and white La Ferme du Lac signs. We are situated at the end of this road (approximately 2 miles) just past the village of L'Epinassie.
From Limoges City Centre: Followthe signs for Aixe-sur-Vienne. Once in Aixe-sur-Vienne take the N21 in the direction of Périgueux. (See directions above for the rest).
- From Bordeaux: 115 miles in approximately 2 hours.
Take the N10 and pass through Cenon and Lormont. At Lormont take the N89 towards Périgueux. After about 70 miles take the N2089 and travel for about 5 miles. At the town of Marsac-sur-L’Isle take the D3 for 0.8 miles and then pick-up the D939. Please see directions from Périgueux for the rest of your journey.
- From Périgueux: 41 miles in approximately 50 minutes.
Take the D939 signposted towards Angoulême for about 15.6 miles. Pass through the town of Chateau L’Eveque and the Brantôme by-pass and then pick-up the D675 going north towards Nontron and travel for about 9.4 miles. Just after Augignac take the 1st right turn towards Marval. After approximately 1 mile you will come to Tous Vents. At the Crossroads take the 2nd right turn onto the D15 towards Marval. After about 2.6 miles you will enter the village of Marval. In the village take the right turn opposite the church and follow the signs to La Ferme du Lac.
- From Angoulême: 36 miles in approximately 50 minutes
Take the D939 signposted towards Périgueux for about 3.1 miles. When you come to a fork in the road, take the left hand fork (D4) and continue along this road for about 13.4 miles. In the village of Marthon take the D75 for about 0.9 miles, where you will take a left turn onto the D92. Travel up country and at the T-junction take the right turn onto the D91, towards Piégut-Pluviers and travel for about 5.6 miles and then pick-up the D15. After about 2.6 miles you will enter the village of Marval. In the village take the right turn opposite the church and follow the signs to La Ferme du Lac.
Flybe fly to Limoges (our nearest airport), Ryanair fly to Limoges (our nearest airport) from the following:
- Always book car hire in advance - it’s much cheaper than booking at the airport. You can book car hire via the website when you book your flights.
Ryanair - Hertz Car Rental.
Flybe - Avis Car Rental.
- Eurostar operate the following services:
London - Lille and Lille - Angoulême/Bordeaux.
London - Paris Nord and Paris Austerlitz - Limoges.
- SNCF operate services from:
Bordeaux – Station de Bussiere-Galant/Châlus.
Limoges – Station de Bussiere-Galant/Châlus.
Please contact SNCF direct as these services vary.
Useful Information (Distances to La Ferme du Lac.)
- Angoulême – Approximately 65km (40 miles)
- Châlus – Approximately 18km (11 miles)
- Brive-la-Gaillarde – Approximately 100km (65 miles)
- DFDS Seaways (Norfolk Line) currently operate crossings between Dover - Dunkirk (2 hrs).
- P&O Ferries currently operate crossings between Dover - Calais (90mins).
- Transmanche currently operate crossings between Newhaven – Dieppe (4hrs), Portsmouth – Le Havre (3hrs 15mins and 5 hrs 30mins) and Ramsgate – Ostend (4hrs and 4hrs 30 mins).
- Brittany Ferries currently operate crossings between Portsmouth – Caen/Cherbourg/ St Malo, Poole – Cherbourg, Plymouth – Roscoff and Cork to Roscoff.
- Seafrance currently operate crossings between Dover – Calais (2 hrs 30mins).
Please find to follow directions from Calais, Boulogne and Dunkerque. Should you require instructions on how to find us, from any other ferry port, please let us know.
From Calais, Boulogne or Dunkerque:
Take the A16 from Calais to Abbeville and then the A28 to Rouen. In Rouen (fairly big town) follow signs for Paris and the A13. Near the A13 you will pick up signs for Evreux via the N154. From Evreux continue to Dreux, Chartres and then Orleans. At Orleans (Junction 13) you can pick up the motorway A71 to Vierzon and then the A20 to Chateauroux and Limoges. See directions from Limoges above.
See Local guide and map for information on nearby towns and airports.
Facilities at Cottage 1
|Type||Farmhouse, Cottage (Self-catering)|
|Bedrooms||1 double, 1 twin|
|Suitability||Non-smoking, Pets welcomed, Suitable for children, Touring motorcyclists welcome, Unsuitable for wheelchair access|
|Linen||Linen is changed every 7 days.|
|Internal facilities||Board Games, CD player, Electric heaters, Owner on site|
|Kitchen facilities||Cooker, Fridge-Freezer, Gas oven, Ironing facilities, Microwave|
|External features on site||Barbecue, Boating lake, Fishing lake, Garden, Private River Fishing, Scenic views, Tennis Court, Swimming pool (shared use)|
There are many other activities to keep you occupied in and around the area, but if you want to stay at La Ferme du Lac and enjoy the wonderful surroundings, there's also plenty to do. Why not swim in our pool, play boules or badminton, or one of the other outdoor games on offer. We also have a children's play area and mountain bikes for hire.
Tourist information is kept on site and we can also offer Internet access, via a shared computer, or free WIFI access.
We encourage our guests to join our BBQ on Saturday nights, followed by a sing song around the camp fire. Our large communal BBQ is also available for use by our guests.
From time to time during the summer months, we arrange karaoke, quiz nights and, occasional live music.
Availability at Cottage 1
Availability last updated on: - Monday, May 20, 2013
- Booked / Unavailable
|Accommodation rental period||Tariff|
|20 May 2013 - 31 May 2013||
€315.00 per property per week
|1 June 2013 - 5 July 2013||
€365.00 per property per week
|6 July 2013 - 6 September 2013||
€440.00 per property per week
|7 September 2013 - 4 October 2013||
€365.00 per property per week
Additional price information
- A deposit equivalent to 25% of the total is required at the time of booking and the balance upon arrival. Please note: We are unable to take payment by credit card.
- Prices are per week, from Saturday at 3.00pm to Saturday at 11.00am.
- Prices per night are available upon request.
- Cots and high chairs can be provided, subject to availability. Please request these on your booking form.
- Duvets, pillows, linen, tea towels and toilet rolls are provided. For bookings of 2 weeks or more, bed linen is changed every 7 days on a Saturday. If you would prefer to bring your own bed linen please let us know.
- We can also supply bath towels at a cost of 4€ per towel per week. (Please note we do not supply towels for outdoor use). Please request these on your booking form.
- We can provide airport pick up and drop off for 50€ each way.
- Well-behaved dogs are accepted at La Ferme du Lac. The cost per booking is 50€ (£35.00). Or, 7€ per night, for short breaks.
- Heaters can be provided, if required, and are charged for on a usage basis.
Email the owner
To contact owner directly
(Advertising since April 2004)
Tel: + 33 (0)5 55 78 70 57
Tel 2: 07506 001209
Tel 3: 07502 092371
Languages spoken by owner English
Please mention French Connections.