- Property for sale
- Holiday Guides
- What's new?
- My Shortlist
- Advertise with us
Family suites in chateau - all inclusive or B&B - Chateau Bed & Breakfast Accommodation in Savigny, Manche, France
Chateau - Inclusive Family Holidays, Self Catering Cottages, Exclusive Hire
Le Castel is a classic Napoleon III chateau near all of Normandy's top tourist sights.
We specialise in all inclusive family holidays during the peak season and family suites on a B&B basis at other times.
We have four family suites, which each have two inter-connecting rooms.
We also offer whole chateau bookings for special parties, weddings etc. The suites easily turn into seperate ensuite rooms
In the three acres of grounds there are two self catering cottages that can be hired individually or together.
Le Castel is small, intimate chateau with twin turrets in Normandy's Manche region. We offer high quality and versatile accommodation for up to a total of 23 people.
Our hugely popular all inclusive family holidays sold out during 2011 and summer 2012 is filling up. The week of Aug 4 is fully booked.
If you book the whole house you have the option of being fully catered, part catered or self catering.
The self catering gites are in a beautiful 18th century stone Longere. One cottage has two bedrooms and two bathrooms (one ensuite), another cottage has two bedrooms, a bathroom and second toilet.
The chateau guest house sleeps up to 15 adults in four double rooms, two twin rooms and a triple room. There are also two fold up beds for children and three cribs for babies.
The two bed cottages each sleeps four people. Child beds and cots are also available. We also have high chairs.
Guests in the chateau and the cottages have use of a huge marquee filled with toys and a woodland den area plus above ground swimming pool (unheated, summer only) sand pit and swings.
The house and gite are set in three acres of secluded parkland in countryside just outside the cathedral city of Coutances. Le Castel is ideally located for visiting Mont St Michel, the D Day Beaches and Bayeux.
Wide, sandy beaches are 20 minutes away.
Le Castel is ideal for exclusive hire - groups of family and/or friends can take over the whole chateau at reduced rates. You can hire it on a self catering basis, with bed and breakfast or as a fully catered house party. At Christmas and New Year the chateau is only available on an exclusive hire basis. The chateau is elaborately decorated for the festive season with a 9 foot high Christmas tree, dress fire places and staircase. The chateau is perfect for old Victorian party games like Murder in the Dark and Sardines. The chateau is warm and cosy in winter, with central heating a roaring log fires.
Le Castel is also perfect for small weddings. The back drop of the house makes spectacular photographs.
We can give you a code for a discount on Brittany Ferries, who run services from Portsmouth and Pool to Caen or Cherbourg, which are both an hour from Le Castel.
A week's all inclusive package in the chateau is from £1,800 for a family of three and £2,200 for a family of four. This includes a two bedroomed suite, all meals, drinks (soft drinks, wine and beer) plus child care most days. For more info see the family suite section of this website.
Le Castel family holidays
Le Castel offers all inclusive holidays for families.
- All inclusive packages for families during the summer school holidays. Prices from £1,800 to £2,600 (sterling) for a family of three or four in the chateau (or 1,800 euro in the cottage) – includes accommodation for a week in a luxurious two bedroomed suite, all meals, all drinks (soft beverages, wine and beer), child care on most days
- All-inclusive family holidays:
There is a choice of four family suites in the main chateau at Le Castel plus a cottage in the grounds.
The all-inclusive holidays offer:
- 7 nights accommodation in a two bedroomed suite or cottage
- All meals, including children’s meals at 5pm followed by adult only suppers or dinner later.
- All drinks, including soft beverages, milk, water, wine and beer
- Raid the fridge – help yourself to snacks at any time.
- Child care (age 3 to 12) on some days so parents can either have a lie in or simply read a book in peace.
Each family suite has a box of toys and children’s books. There is also UK telly, DVDs, books. The cottages have their own TVs etc.
Outside the children will find:
- Swimming pool (above ground, 5.5 metre (18ft) in diametre. Not heated and in use summer only
- Two trampolines - a 10ft one with a safety net and a 12 ft one without a net
- Camelot style play marquee (80 square metres) with soft flooring, learning toys and soft toys for nippers. Loads of Fisher Price and Tomy toys. There are also bikes (please bring your own helmets). Aimed at 3-12 year olds
- Sand pit
- Swings dotted around the 3 acres of grounds
- Woodland den with loads of planks, tree trunks and branches that can be rearranged as the kids like.
- Across the road is a dairy farm – we can arrange a tour.
- Dauphin suite: This consists of two interconnecting ensuite rooms which take up all of the second floor – a massive 76 square metres of space. Mum and Dad’s room has a king-sized draped bed plus a claw foot bath set in the window with views over the grounds – perfect for a long soak. There are also a couple of easy chairs and an ensuite toilet. The kids’ room has three single beds and a sofa that can be turned into a fourth bed. There is a large ensuite shower room plus a small area with a microwave and kettle to make drinks and snacks or warm baby food. The Dauphin suite costs £2,200 for a week for a family of three or four. Additional children are £150 a week each.
- Emperor’s suite: Two luxurious rooms on the first floor with great views of the grounds from 3m high windows. Mum and Dad’s room is called Napoleon and has a draped double bed. The kids get the Josephine with two single beds. The two rooms share a large shower room and we can put a baby bath in for you if required. There is also a kitchen with a microwave and kettle to make drinks and snacks or warm baby food. The kitchen can be turned into a third bedroom with a fold up bed. The Emperor’s suite costs £2,400 for a week for a family of three or four. Additional children are £150 a week each.
- The Roi suite: This is our most elegant suite. It consists of the massive Marie Anoinette room for Mum and Dad plus the silk lined Louis room for the kids. Between the two rooms is a lounge area with a sofa. There is also a kitchen with a fridge, microwave, coffee machine and kettle so you can make snacks or meals whenever you want. The Marie Antoinette room has a large draped double bed (with a footboard) , sofa, desk and an ensuite bathroom. The Louis room has twin beds plus a small sofa that can become a bed. There is an ensuite shower room. The Roi suite costs £2,600 for a week for a family of four. Additional children are £150 a week each.
- The Comte suite: This is a small suite on the ground floor that is ideal if Granny and /or Grandpa want to tag along. It can also be used by a couple with one child. It consists of a small lounge with a sofa bed for a child, a double bedroom with ensuite bathroom. Direct access to the terrace. Prices from £1,650 for a couple all inclusive. £1,800 for a couple with one child.
Need even more space? Well the Roi and Emperor’s suite can be linked together to make a four bedroomed flat with a kitchen diner. The Napoleon room can be converted into a large lounge if required. Price depends on the number of guests.
There are two cottages in the grounds that can be hired on an all inclusive or self catering basis.
- Voici cottage: A two bedroomed, two bathroomed cottage in the four acres of grounds. It is more rustic than the chateau but very comfortable. There are exposed walls, old beams and wooden floors. The cottage can be hired on the all inclusive deal with access to the communal parts of the chateau. The cottage has a double room with ensuite, a twin room, a family bathroom, lounge and large dining kitchen. The cottage costs £1,800 for a week for a family of four on the all inclusive deal. Additional children are £150 a week each. Self catering is £900 a week, but you get access to the salon in the chateau, free soft drinks, free teas and coffees, free ice creams and drinks for the kids in the play marquee
- Votre cottage: Two bedrooms, one bathroom plus a second toilet. It has a large open plan reception area with four sets of double French doors. It is much more contempory looking with Ikea style furnishings. The kids room is small but a real adventure with a fort style bed that kids clambour into via a rope ladder. There is also a more traditional bed!
Other things you might like:
- Treat yourself to a lie in – send the kids down from 8am and we will serve them breakfast and amuse them until you come down for breakfast.
- Drop the kids back at 4pm and we will amuse them and feed them before returning them to you around 6pm so you can pop them into bed. Older children can use the play marquee.
- There is a communal laundry room
- Help yourselves to lunch when you decide to have a day away from the beach or sight seeing. We don’t serve lunches, but there are fridges packed with cheeses, cold meats and salads plus breads – just help yourselves.
Our all-inclusive family holidays are aimed at children aged 3 – 12, but babies and older children are very welcome.
- We have family friendly suggestions for seeing Mont St Michel, the Bayeux Tapestry and the D Day beaches. We can also send you on a food tour, which includes a snail farm and a bee place.
- Deserted beaches are 20 minutes away and we can pack a picnic for you (charges apply)
- We can offer you a discount on crossings with Brittany Ferries to Caen or Cherbourg, which are both an hour from us.
How the week works:
Saturday: Arrive from 3pm. Welcome BBQ type meal around 5.30pm for all the families.
Sunday to Wednesday: Breakfast 8-10am (or a bit later if you tell us). Send the kids down and we will feed and look after them. 5pm – kids meals or drop them off at 4pm and we will feed and amuse them until 6pm. 8pm – two course suppers. Usually we do one table for the mums and dads but we can also do separate ones.
Thursday: Afraid we only offer breakfast today and no child care (we need a rest too!), but you are welcome to raid the fridges for drinks, lunch, children’s meals or simple suppers. Otherwise we can recommend family friendly restaurants.
Friday: Back to normal with breakfast and child care, but on Friday there is a lovely five course dinner for Mum and Dad.
Saturday: Time for tears as the kids say goodbye to their new friends.
OK, what’s the kids’ food like?
- Kids’ meals tend to be pretty simple and we have included a few less healthy options – we reckon they are on holiday and should have a few treats. However, please let us know if you want little Johnny and Tabitha to have healthier choices or vegetarian options.
- All meals are served with salad, grated carrot, thinly sliced cucumber, bread etc.
Typical dishes are:
Sausage and mash
Chicken nuggets and chips
Puddings will include ice cream (of course!) plus cakes and pastries that the kids may well have helped make themselves. Fruit will always be available.
…and what about our food?
We will be serving suppers on five nights and five course dinner on the Friday. White, red and rose wine will be flowing freely along with beers and local cider. Suppers are two or three courses.
Moules in cider
Indian curry buffet night with the kids on Wednesday
Coq au vin
The gourmet night will typically be:
Home made fois gras served with a smoked duck salad, truffle oil dressing and beetroot seedlings and onion marmalade
Trilogy of fish in a Normandy cream sauce
Trou Normand – apple sorbet with local farm Calvados poured through it
French cheese with chutneys
Duo of deserts
We have loads of facilities for parents with babies.
- You will be able to have dinners or suppers downstairs, knowing that you can easily hear and pop up to see your baby if needed.
- We have a full range of cots, high chairs, baby bowls, monitors, baby baths, changing mats, sterilizer etc.
- Each suite has a microwave and kettle. There is also a kitchen where you can make meals for baby or yourselves.
- Two bedroomed suites are 1,470 to 1,960 euro for a week for up to four guests on a b&b basis.
- Three and four night breaks are also available at pro rata rates (not between June 30 and Sept 15)
- Meals and drinks are on an a la carte basis with suppers at 18 euro a head and five course dinners at 45 euro a head.
Bed & Breakfast Accommodation at Family suites in chateau - all inclusive or B&B
Le Castel has four family suites, which each consist of two interconnecting rooms.
The suites are the ultimate in luxury and comfort, but they are also very child friendly.
The Dauphin suite takes over the whole of the second floor of Le Castel - a huge 76 square metres, including two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
Mum and Dad get the Dauphin room, which has a beautifully drapped king-sized bed. There is an ensuite toilet plus a clawfoot bath in the window, with views of the garden.
Next door is the Joan of Arc room, which has three single beds and plenty of room for one or two fold up beds. A cot is also available. There is a large, ensuite shower room.
The two rooms are available at the discounted rate of 220 euro a night instead of 290 euros. This rate only applies to families with children under 16.
The Roi suite is our most elegant suite. It is on the first floor and consists of the Marie Antoinette room (a huge double room with ensuite bathroom) and the Louis room (a twin room with ensuite shower room). The two rooms are connected by a lounge area with a sofa. The louis room has a small sofa that can be turned into a third bed. The rooms have three metre high windows over looking the grounds. There is also a kitchen with fridge, microwave, kettle and coffee machine.The suite is 280 euro a night for families with one or two children.
The Emperor suite is on the first floor and consists fo the Napoleon room and the Josephine room with a shared shower room. The Josphine room is a beautiful silk lined room with twin beds. The Napoleon room has a draped double bed. There is also a kitchenette that has been designed so it can be used as a third bedroom with a fold up bed. The suite is offered at the discounted rate of 240 euro a night for families with children under 16.
The Comte suite is on the ground floor and is ideal for Granny and Grandpa, or it can be for a family with just one child. Costs £1,650 for a week for a couple all inclusive or £1,800 for a family of three.
Each evening we offer children's meals around 5pm to 6pm - 12 euro for two courses. Mum and Dad can then sit down for an adults only meal in the dining room or on the terrace around 8pm.
The suites cost from £1,800 to £2,600 (sterling) for a week long all inclusive holiday for a family of three or four. Includes all meals, drinks and child minding for youngsters aged 3 to 12.
About Savigny in Manche, Normandy
Le Castel is close to the pretty hill-top cathedral town of Coutances. All of the main tourist sights of Normandy are also easily reached including Mont St Michel, Bayeaux, and the D-Day beaches. The old Norman cities of Caen and Rouen can both be visited easily in a day and provide some great shopping as well as fascinating history to discover. Rennes is also an hour away. We are 20 minutes from beautiful, deserted beaches. Golf courses are also 20 minutes away.
See Local guide and map for information on nearby towns and facilities.
How To Get To Savigny in Manche, North West France
How to get there:
Le Castel is around an hour from the channel ports of Cherbourg and Caen. Or you can fly to Dinard airport (with Ryanair flights from London Stansted, Bristol or East Midlands), which is around 90 minutes away. The Eurotunnel is an easy 4 hour drive away.
The local towns of Coutances and Saint Lo also have SNCF stations offering easy rail transfers from Cherbourg, Caen and Paris. Paris is 2.5 hours away by train.
See Local guide and map for information on nearby towns and airports.
Facilities at Family suites in chateau - all inclusive or B&B
|Type||Chateau (Bed and Breakfast)|
|Bedrooms||1 double, 1 triple|
|Living Area||76 m²|
|Suitability||Non-smoking, Suitable for children|
|Internal facilities||Board Games, Daily maid service, DVD player, English satellite TV, Hairdryer, Wi-Fi Broadband Internet, Internet access (broadband), Owner on site, Telephone, TV, VCR, Video games|
|External features on site||Barbecue, Garden, Scenic views, Swimming pool (shared use)|
Availability at Family suites in chateau - all inclusive or B&B
Availability last updated on: - Tuesday, December 11, 2012
- Booked / Unavailable
|Accommodation rental period||Tariff|
|11 December 2012 - 31 October 2014||
£2,200.00 per property per week
Additional price information
- From June 30 until Sept 15 we only offer week long all inclusive family holidays. These cost from £1,800 for a family of three in the Comte suite. Our larger suites cost from £2,200 to £2,600 for a family of three or four.
- Suites are available for shorter breaks in April, May, June and September. From 220 euro a night for B&B
- The availability calendar is not kept up to date as other rooms in the chateau or gite may well be suitable for certain families. We have cots and fold up beds that can be added to some rooms. There is an additional charge of 20 euro a night for a fold up bed and 10 euro a night for a cot/crib.
Outside of the school holidays we offer reduced prices for families with pre-school age children. The breaks can also be shorter than a week during term times. Prices in the larger suites are from £250 a night all inclusive for a family of three or four. Includes all meals except lunches. Does not include child care, but this can often be added at additional cost if booked in advance.
Email the owner
To contact owner directly
(Advertising since November 2004)
Tel: + 33 (0)2 33 17 00 45
Languages spoken by owner English
If requested by the owner you can print out a booking form here .
Please mention French Connections.