- Property for sale
- Holiday Guides
- What's new?
- My Shortlist
- Advertise with us
St Mars du Desért near Villaines la Juhel, Mayenne, France. € 180,000.00 (Approx. £152,542))
Coulonge is a rural idyll comprising a three bedroom house attached to a two bedroom gîte. The properties look out on to a beautiful private courtyard leading to outbuildings, pool area, garden and paddock.
Both the house and gîte have been fully and tastefully restored and are offered for sale ‘rental ready’ having benefited from being newly furnished and re-equipped to a high standard during 2007.
Subject to planning consent, the property offers substantial development/ opportunities and potentially offers scope for camping etc
Below are recent comments from guests:
“just returned from a wonderful week and all worked out fine. What are your rates for next year we are thinking about the same week ???” – Linda Bourne
“Rather than post the survey I thought I’d e-mail it – I hope that’s OK with you. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the one thing that was really noticeable was that it was a real house rather than a twee cottage ie you could tell that someone used and enjoyed it themselves rather than just buying a property and furnishing it on the cheap. It is a lovely property – renovated and keeping its character, but with modern style and comfort.” – Julie Leonard
“Hello, we got back home on Saturday after a wonderful stay at your gite.
The house and grounds were lovely, as was the swimming pool. Everything was much larger and brighter than your pictures suggested, they don't do it justice. All of the villages around were very nice, we spent a lovely day at Bagnole de l'orne with lunch and a ride on the pedaloes.” – Gill Dale
Close to Alpes Mancelles, St Céneri-le-Gérei, Bagnoles de l'orne, Sillé-le Guillaume. Easy travelling distance to Paris (by train), Loire valley, west coast resorts and Normandy attractions such as Mont St Michel, Bayeaux, WWII beach landings etc
Coulonge is just 90 mins away from Caen and benefits from a new péage route from Rouen providing quick access from the more eastern ports of Dieppe, Boulogne and Calais. Several airports nearby now have scheduled flights operated by the budget airlines.
St Mars du Desért near Villaines la Juhel, Mayenne, France
Adjacent properties with accommodation on two floors. The upper floors feature exposed original stone walls, beams and wooden floorboards. There is a massive roof void which is ideal for storage or additional development. Both properties are linked to the same oil heating system.
Well proportioned three bedroom house complete with new pots, pans, utensils, cutlery, bed linen, light fittings, lamps, iron, ironing board, buckets, mops, barbecue etc.
- Kitchen – fully fitted and complete with all appliances. Exposed beams feature fireplace, wood burning fire and tiled floor.
- Dining Room – country style dining tables and chairs to easily accommodate 8-10 diners.
- Lounge – two leather sofas (one a double sofa bed), tv, dvd, sky digibox, hi-fi system, oak chest of drawers and wood laminate floor.
- Utility – large storage area, additional fridge and tiled floor.
- WC – convenient downstairs toilet.
- Laundry – automatic washing machine and access to rear.
- Patio – block paved area with outside light and patio furniture.
- Bathroom – well appointed bathroom with vanity unit, wc with large enclosed shower.
- Store – good sized storeroom useful for linen and personal items.
- Bedroom 1 – well proportioned with matching new king size bed, wardrobe, draws, bedside cabinets and mirror complete with quality mattress.
- Bedroom 2 - matching new double bed, wardrobe, draws, bedside cabinet and mirror complete with quality mattress.
- Bedroom 3 - matching twin beds, wardrobe, draws and bedside cabinet and mirror complete with quality mattresses.
Expansive two bedroom gîte complete with pots, pans, utensils, cutlery, bed linen, light fittings, lamps, iron, ironing board, buckets, mops etc.
- Kitchen/Diner – tastefully appointed kitchen complete with fridge/freezer, stove and microwave oven. Country style dining table and chairs to accommodate 6 diners. Cupboard under stairs to house cleaning equipment and ironing board etc.
- Lounge - two leather sofas, tv, dvd, sky digibox, hi-fi system, coffee table and oriental rug (all new), feature fireplace and wood burning stove.
- Patio - block paved area with outside light, patio furniture and barbecue.
- Bathroom – well appointed bathroom with sink, large shower cubicle and WC.
- Bedroom 1 – well proportioned with new double size bed matching additional single, draws and bedside cabinet. Beautiful big wardrobe, mirror, wicker chair and oriental rug and quality mattresses.
- Bedroom 2 - well proportioned with new king size bed, matching draws and bedside cabinet. Complete with large wardrobe, mirror and quality mattress.
- Workshop – large workshop that houses heating system and fuel tank and equipped with hot and cold running water - could easily be developed as further living space.
- Courtyard – beautiful private courtyard with gated access. Has additional patio and fantastic picnic table - plenty of room for additional parking.
- Car port – shade for two vehicles.
- Barn – divided into three units - ideal for storage, horses or further development.
- Pool – quality 10m x 5m above ground pool with decking surround at one end.
- Paddock – acre plus paddock ideal for grazing, tennis court, cultivation or potential for camping/further development
See Local guide and map for information on nearby towns and facilities.
Moving to France?
To arrange a viewing or for more information, contact:
To contact seller directly
Tel: + 44 (0)1159 763217
Please mention French Connections.