- Property for sale
- Holiday Guides
- What's new?
- My Shortlist
- Advertise with us
Madre near Bagnoles de l'Orne, France. € 220,000.00 (Approx. $285,254))
Set in a quiet rural position between the villages of Madre and St. Julien du Terroux and a few minutes from the spa town of Bagnoles de l'Orne with its Casino, lake and beautiful surrounding forests.
Just over one hour from Ferry ports at Ouistreham (Caen) and two hours from Le Havre and the airport at Dinard.
Just an hour from the centre of Le Mans and approximately 35 minutes from the beautiful city of Alencon.
10 minutes from major supermarkets.
The property sits within a plot of 2.48 hectares (over 6 acres) providing considerable frontage to the river l'Anglaine (a local trout stream). The plot includes a large mill pond, orchard, river meadow and pastures. There are many beautiful trees on the plot which include oaks, poplars, ash, apple, pear and cherry. Access to the property is via double gates to a gravel drive surrounded by a large lawned garden.
The sale comprises two properties as detailed below
Mill Owner's House
Three bedroom, two bathroom property. A charming 150 year old stone built house, renovated, partially re-roofed with a habitable floor area of approximately 140 sq. metres, mainly double glazed and with full oiled fired central heating, set in large surrounding gardens. To the rear of the house is an old stone piggery and chicken house.
Beautiful 350 year old stone built water mill, with integral two room cottage suitable for renovation. Newly re-roofed and with huge loft area and potential for further development. The water mill still contains all the original machinery and has two water wheels. The Mill building includes three large storage/workshop areas beneath and open hangar suitable for garage parking of car/caravan.
Madre near Bagnoles de l'Orne, France
Lounge: 5mtrs x 5 mtrs with original exposed oak beams to ceiling, large stone fireplace with inset wood-burner. Double glazed windows to two aspects.
- Bedroom 1: 3 mtrs x 3.3 mtrs. Double glazed windows. Built in cupboard. En suite shower room/toilet. 2.9 mtrs x 1.8 mtrs. Fully tiled. Glazed shower cubicle. Built in vanity unit and w.c.. Large storage cupboard.
- Kitchen: 3.2 mtrs x 4.2 mtrs. Double glazed window. Fully-fitted cottage style units with inset electric oven, gas/electric hob, full height built-in refrigerator. Italian tiled floor. Open access to:
- Dining room: 2.8 mtrs x 3.8 mtrs. Double glazed window. Built in cupboard.
- Interior lobby: 1.8 mtrs x 1.9 mtrs.
- Bathroom 1: 1.85 mtrs x 2.9 mtrs. Exposed beam. Bath/shower unit. Fully tiled bath surround. w.c. Large washbasin unit. Half tiled walls. Ladder style radiator.
- Bedroom 2: 3.8 mtrs x 4.4 mtrs. Exposed beam. Single glazed window.
- Bedroom 3: 2.4 mtrs x 4.4 mtrs. Single glazed window. Hatch with loft ladder to large loft space. Door to:
- Walk in wardrobe/storage: 1.8 mtrs x 1.9 mtrs.
In addition to the main accommodation
- A large cellar with water heater, central heating boiler, oil tank and considerable storage space.
- A large workshop with double doors and excellent potential for further ground floor expansion.
- Attached to the side of the house is the original stone built bread oven now used as a utility/storage room.
Further online photographs are available on request - please telephone or email me
See Local guide and map for information on nearby towns and facilities.
Moving to France?
To arrange a viewing or for more information, contact:
To contact seller directly
Tel: + 33 (0)2 43 00 39 32
Please mention French Connections.