- Property for sale
- Holiday Guides
- What's new?
- My Shortlist
- Advertise with us
Located within 15/20 minutes of Chalais, Aubetèrre and Villebois Lavalette. £ 210,000.00 (Approx. $321,300))
This four bedroom property in S. Charente/ Dordogne border with outstanding views across a valley, is surrounded by rolling countryside and woodland. It is a family home with all mod cons. All the roofs have been replaced in recent years. The large pool with side steps, 11m x 5.25m, has an upper and lower terrace, small barns for storing pool equipment and is fenced for safety. The pool was refurbished and new liner installed with a 10 year guarantee, in October .There is a workshop and large barns used as a garage and log store all equipped with electricity and water. There are 2 outside taps and outside lights. There are fruit trees, shrubs and plants in a garden of approx. 4000 sq.metres.
Outline planning permission for a house/bungalow has been granted to the owner for the small copse behind the pool. The large attached barn , accessed from the house is partially converted and would make an ideal separate apartment.
The property is 30 minutes drive to Angoulême and Airport, and TGV connection to EuroRail/Star and is within 15/20 minutes of Aubetèrre, Chalais ( which holds a superb market each Monday), and Villebois Lavalette. Riberac market, on Fridays, is 25 mins away. Nearest supermarket is the small town of Montmoreau (7 minutes) in which you will also find all the amenities necessary for day to day living- Doctors, Dentists, Pharmacy etc..
The west coast is approx 1 1/4hrs drive, but there are safe swimming lakes with beaches within 20 minutes drive. The property has neighbours, but is not overlooked. The present owner has lived here for 18 years, and is retiring to a smaller property in the same hamlet.
Located within 15/20 minutes of Chalais, Aubetèrre and Villebois Lavalette
The house has full central heating and double glazing on all sides except for the original small south facing windows. All the roofs have been replaced.
- Entrance/Dining Hall - Staircase leading to 1st floor. Divider visually separates the dining room from the entrance. Exposed stone wall.
- Fully fitted kitchen/Breakfast room - Original features include stone sink, and chimney breast. Sealed oak flooring. Door to conservatory.
- Inner Hall with -
- Comfortable sitting room with double aspect windows, satellite television and telephone/internet points.
- Large shower room
- Large utility room - fitted sink unit plus cupboards, equipped for washing machine and dryer. Tiled floor and walls.
Door leading to:
- Large room approx 9 x 4 mtres with tiled floor and french doors to garden, currently used as extra bedroom in the summer and storeroom in the winter.
- Perfect for separate apartment if required.
- New beautiful conservatory - Under floor heating, for all year use. French doors to garden.
- Spacious master bedroom - South facing.
- 3 more double bedrooms
- Large family bathroom - fully equipped with bath/shower, hand basin, toilet and bidet. Linen cupboard.
Cupboard with shelves in upper hall.
See Local guide and map for information on nearby towns and facilities.
Moving to France?
To arrange a viewing or for more information, contact:
To contact seller directly
Tel: + 44 (0)7837222558
Tel 2: + 33 (0)6 38 63 02 39
Please mention French Connections.