- Property for sale
- Holiday Guides
- What's new?
- My Shortlist
- Advertise with us
Situated in Engravies, a small village in the foothills of the Pyrenees. Surrounded by hills covered by wild forest with a few sunflower fields dotted around. € 180,000.00 (Approx. $238,462))
The property is situated on the edge of a village and consists of two houses separated by private parking area. There is 1000sq m garden which has many mature shrubs and fruit trees. Plums 'Rene Claude' and black cherries grow in abundance. There is plenty of space for a swimming pool, should you wish to build one.
The property is versatile in use, the cottage can be used for guests to stay in or it can be run as a Gite. The smaller house (cottage) has been rented as a Gite for nine years. Every year it rents solidly through the summer months, plus occasionally people rent it for Easter, Christmas and September and October months.
Village of Engravies
The village goes back to medieval times and was inhabited by peasants who worked the lands of the local nobleman who resided in the Chateau de Engravies. The remains of the Chateau still sit proudly on a hill in the village.
Engravies is situated in the valley of a small mountain river called Douctouyre. There are about 15 properties permanently inhabited by the locals and a mix of Europeans (Scottish, Dutch and Belgians). Everyone is very friendly and welcoming.The village is surrounded by hills covered in wild forest with a few sunflower fields dotted around. When you are staying in the village it feels like "you are away from it all" and yet colourful markets, convenient supermarkets and a wide range of authentic and excellent restaurants are only 10 minute drive away in the town called Mirepoix.
Walking, road and mountain biking. Right from the doorstep of the property there are a number of trails and roads available that wind through the local area connecting medieval villages. Cathar ruins, breath-taking vistas and rivers and lakes.
- Horse riding - There is an equestrian farm right in the village. The farm offers and can organise individual tours from a few hours to a few days long in the Pyrenees.
- Alpine skiing, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing - Skiing in France - There are a number of ski stations within a 1hour drive from the house. e.g. Les Mont d’Olmes, plateau de Belle, Ax les 3 domaines.
Andorra - The largest ski station in the Pyrenees - Pas de la Casa - in Andorra is only 1 hour drive.
- Golf - Situated in the heart of the Ariège Pyrenees just outside the Bastide de Sérou in a stunning setting, the Ariège Golf Club was designed by Michel Gayon and offers an eighteen hole golf course. There are a variety of holes that combine both agreeable playing conditions and are also technically demanding.
Variety of other activities from rock climbing to white water rafting, fishing, visiting caves and seeing prehistoric drawings are available nearby.
Private airport Les Pujols is 10km away.
Situated in Engravies, a small village in the foothills of the Pyrenees. Surrounded by hills covered by wild forest with a few sunflower fields dotted around
The House was built by previous owners by way of building on to an existing semi-ruined barn. The house has thick walls that keep it cool during the summer so there is no need for air conditioning. Accommodation comprises:
- A separate kitchen with french doors that open to the parking area.
- A large living room with two windows and french doors onto the terrace. The living room has vaulted ceilings and a large fireplace.
- Two double bedrooms
- A shower room
- Separate toilet (typical French set up)
The house has a private terrace and a built in outdoor barbeque.
The Cottage is a new build and was constructed be previous owners in the late 1990s. It is arranged on two levels and accommodation comprises:
On the upper level:-
- A large double bedroom
- A bathroom (bath, sink, toilet)
One the ground level:-
- A large open living room/kitchen
The Cottage enjoyes a nice terrace overlooking the garden.
See Local guide and map for information on nearby towns and facilities.
Moving to France?
To arrange a viewing or for more information, contact:
To contact seller directly
Tel: + 44 (0)7758816622
Tel 2: + 44 (0)2082742824
Please mention French Connections.