- Property for sale
- Holiday Guides
- What's new?
- My Shortlist
- Advertise with us
Low Cost Summer Holidays in France
You can still enjoy an affordable summer holiday in France, even at the peak times of July and August.
For many of us the peak summer months of July and August are the only times we can take our annual holiday, especially if you have a family with school age children. But increased demand inevtiably means higher prices for your holiday, and of course France is no exception.
However, France is also unique in offering such a wide range of affordable holiday accommodation and being so close to the UK. This means there are still opportunities for a low cost summer holiday in France, even during July and August 2009.
Money Saving Ideas for Your French Summer Holiday
- Go self catering and save money on food and costs. France has one of the best selections of self-catering holiday properties in Europe, and the very best can be found at French Connections.
- If you can be flexible about your choice of property and destination, why not wait and pick yourself up a last minute deal from our selection of late availability holiday rentals?
- For a more affordable family holiday try camping in France. There are many high quality campsites in France with great on-site facilities, and very comfortable accommodation in both tents and mobile homes.
- If you're on a really tight budget, you can always stay in self-catering accommodation for just one week instead of two. Because France is so close to the UK, you won't waste too much of your holiday travelling either.
- Choose some of the more affordable regions of France. If you holiday in the peak summer months of July and August you don't have to be in the south of France to have great weather. Explore areas like North West France and Central France.
- Go on holiday with others and share the cost of accommodation. France has many rental properties available for larger families or group holidays including gites, manoirs and even chateaux.
- If picking up a last minute deal is not an option, then check out our special offers for any ‘early bird’ summer bargains that may have been posted.
Low Cost French Holidays in July 2009
If you can travel just before the start of most school holidays (usually around the 20th of July), you can still pick up great holiday properties at a reasonable price. Most areas of France are seeing consistently warm days in July and it is a fabulous time to explore France, before the weather gets too hot.
Find holiday properties available from 11th July 2009
Find holiday properties available from 18th July 2009
Find holiday properties available from 25th July 2009
Low Cost French Holidays in August 2009
Lazy days spent lounging by the pool and long evenings round a BBQ are more or less guaranteed in August. Of course, you'll be paying a premium for holidaying during this time of year, but there's still a wide range of holiday properties available to suit most budgets.
Find holiday properties available from 1st August 2009
Find holiday properties available from 8th August 2009
Find holiday properties available from 15th August 2009
Find holiday properties available from 22nd August 2009
Find holiday properties available from 29th August 2009
Research Your Summer Holiday at French Connections
For many of us, the summer holiday is the one time of year we get to escape and unwind. Months of planning, saving and anticipation come before the actual holiday arrives and you want to know as much about your holiday before you go.
Our self-catering and B&B property pages offer you everything you could possibly want to know before booking your holiday accommodation. Detailed images, information and in some cases a video tour of the property allow you an in-depth look into the property.