Gites le Quesnoy - Booking Conditions
Please be advised that the swimming pool will be available between mid-May and the end of September only.
- The property known as “Le Quesnoy, 40 rue d’Erambeaucourt” (the Property) is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Kate or Mark Graves (the Owner) to the renter (the Client).
- To reserve the Property, the Client should complete and sign the Booking Form and send it with a (non-refundable) deposit of 25% of the total amount due. Following receipt of the Booking Form and the deposit, the Owner will send a confirmation invoice. This is a formal acceptance of the booking.
- The balance of the rent is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The Client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the Owner is able to re-let the Property. In this event, clause 7 of these booking conditions will apply.
- Reservations within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
- Any extra charges incurred during the rental period must be settled in full direct with the Owner before departure.
- A security deposit of £100/140€ (£200/280€ for Farmhouse) by bank transfer is required to be paid in case of, for example, damage to the Property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client's liability to the Owner. The Owner will account to the Client for the security deposit and, if necessary, keep the cash and return any balance. If no liability has occurred then the Owner will return the cash on exchange of the keys before departure.
- Subject to clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Owner is able to re-let the Property, and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability etc, since these are not covered by the Owner's insurance.
- The rental period will start at 4:00pm on the day of arrival and finish at 10:00am on the last day. (Any exceptions to these times are by prior arrangement.)
- The maximum number to reside in the Property must not exceed the advertised capacity unless the Owner has given written permission.
- The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. Although a final clean is included in our prices, the Owner reserves the right to take a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the Property in an unacceptable condition. The Client also agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to those resident in neighbouring properties.
- The Client and party acquire no rights whatsoever over the Property excepting occupation as a holiday let for the period booked. The Client shall not sub-let the property.
- The Client shall report to the Owner without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the Property, garden or swimming pool, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
- The Owner shall not be liable to the Client:
for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the Property, garden or swimming pool;
for any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner;
for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the Owner shall, within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
- Under no circumstances shall the Owner's liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period.
- The use of the Property is entirely at the Client's risk and no responsibility will be accepted for injury to a user or visitor or loss or damage to property including pets, vehicles and their contents.
This contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England.
Please note that these booking conditions will be included on our confirmation invoice/statement.
Please note the following…
1. Linen is not included in the rental charge. However can be supplied at an additional cost. (Please see Additional Information.)
2. Deposits must be sent with a completed Booking Form in order to secure the booking. Final balances should be sent 8 weeks before commencement of your holiday. All payments should be addressed to “Mrs Kate Graves”.
3. Please note that in the case of early departure, the full amount of the booking period remains unchanged and no refund shall be made.
4. Children must remain the responsibility of parents/guardians during their stay at Le Quesnoy. Children may only use the swimming pool when supervised by a parent/guardian. The Owner disclaims all such responsibility. Please remember, swimming pools, play equipment and old buildings etc. are fascinating to young children - and whilst they can provide great pleasure, they can also represent danger if care is not taken. Please ensure a holiday with lots of happy memories by watching over the movements of your children at all times.
5. Animals are permitted subject to prior agreement.
6. Guests are requested not to smoke in any of the rooms.
Please note that a charge is made in the Low and Mid seasons for heating.
Back to booking form