Villa Lilas - Booking Conditions
BOOKING CONDITIONS – VILLA LILAS
1. The property known as Villa Lilas (‘The Property’) is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Mr & Mrs Richards (‘The Owners’) to the renter (‘The Client’)
2. To reserve the ‘Property’ the client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with advice of payment of the initial non refundable deposit (30% of the total rental due). Following receipt of the booking form and deposit the ‘Owners’ will send a letter of confirmation, which is the formal acceptance of the booking.
3. The balance of the rent, together with a security deposit (see clause 4) is payable not less than 8 weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the ‘Owners’ reserve the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. Reservations made within 8 weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
4. A security deposit of €300 is required, in case of – for example – damage to the ‘Property’ or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the ‘Client’s’ liability to the ‘Owners’. The ‘Owners’ will account to the ‘Client’ for the security deposit and refund the balance due within two weeks after the end of the rental period.
5. Subject to clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a non insurable cancellation, refunds of the amounts paid will be made if the ‘Owners’ are able to re-let the property and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The ‘Client’ is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc., since these are not covered by the ‘Owners’ insurance.
6. The rental period shall commence at 16:00 on the first day and finish at 11:00 on the last day. The ‘Owners’ shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the ‘Client’ shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
7. The maximum number to reside in the ‘Property’ must not exceed 4.
8. The swimming pool has a safety alarm system which complies with the French AFNOR safety regulations (NF P90-307/A1 standard). However, it is the responsibility of the ‘Client’ to ensure the safety of themselves and others. Use of the pool is entirely at the risk of the ‘Client’.
9. The ‘Client’ agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the ‘Property’ and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. The ‘Owners’ reserve the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the ‘Client’ leaves the ‘Property’ in an unacceptable condition. The ‘Client’ agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to the residents of neighbouring properties.
The ‘Owners’ shall not be liable to the ‘Client’:
· For any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services.
· For any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the ‘Owners’.
· For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused or suffered by the ‘Client’ if the ‘property’ shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the ‘Owners’ shall, within seven days of notification to the ‘Client’, refund the ‘client’ all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
Under no circumstances shall the ‘Owners’ liability to the ‘client’ exceed the amount paid to the ‘Owners’ for the rental period.
Back to booking form