1. The property known as Les Fourches is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by the owner to the renter ("the client").
2. To reserve the property the client must complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit. Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the owner will send a confirmation invoice and statement. This is formal acceptance of the booking.
3. The balance of the rent together with the security deposit (see Clause 5) is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the period. If payment is not received by the due date, the owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
4. Any chargeable expenses arising during the rental period should be settled locally with the owners before departure.
5. A security deposit of £150/220 euros per gite for the property rental period is required in case of, for example, damage to the property or it`s contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the client`s liability to the owner. The owner will account to the client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within two weeks after the end of the rental period.
6. The client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party's belongings, public liability etc, since these are not covered by the owners insurance.
7. The rental period shall commence at 4pm on the first day and finish at 10am on the last day. The owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
8. The maximum to reside in the property and use the associated facilities must not exceed that stated on the booking form, unless the owner has given written permission.
9. The client agrees to be a considerate tenant, to take good care of the property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. The owner reserves the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover any additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition. The client also agrees not to act in any way that would cause disturbance to those resident in the neighbouring property. Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the Gite premises.
10. The client shall report to the owner, without delay, any defects in the property or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the property swimming pool or garden and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made by the owner as soon as possible.
11. The owner shall not be liable to the client:
-for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the property, swimming pool or garden.
-for any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the owner.
-for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the client if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in such event, the owner shall within, the seven days of notification to the client, refund to the client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
12. Under no circumstances shall the owners liability to the client exceed the amount paid to the owner for the rental period.
13. The use of accommodation and amenities where offered such as, for example, swimming pool etc. is entirely at the user's risk and no responsibility can be accepted for injury to a user or visitor and loss or damage to the user's or visitor's belongings.
14. No responsibility can be accepted for any loss or damage to any motor vehicle or it's contents.
15. The bringing of pets on the property is forbidden except with the written permission of the owner. Dogs permitted on the property must be kept under strict control at all times and not left unaccompanied without prior agreement.
16. The client and party acquire no rights whatsoever over the property excepting occupation as a holiday let for the period booked. The client shall not sublet the property.
17. This contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England.