Provencal Villa with character, residential property for sale direct from owner with splendid 180° sunny southern view of Gers countryside and Pyrenees.
In small village 15 kilometers north of Auch, 55 minutes by highway west of Toulouse airport (Blagnac), 45 minutes from hi-speed train (TGV) in Agen, two hours from skiing in the Pyrenees, 2.5 hours from Bordeaux vineyards and 3 hours from Biaritz.
Located in quiet small-village (with school). Open-air fruit/vegetable markets in various towns, museums, wineries, chateaux, exhibitions, golf course (10 minutes), antique stores, casino and health spa - all a short drive away. Further details available on dedicated web-site linked below.
Fixed-line DSL is available, with the house only 600 meters from the telephone exchange. The DSL is "unbundled" and therefore of a higher-than-ordinary speed. As well, WiMax and 4G ultra-broadband internet is available (and employed) due to the house's proximity to both 4G and WiMax antennas. (Warning: At present, both unbundled-DSL and 4G may not be available everywhere in the Gers.)
Recently built (2007) with geothermal heating, well-insulated for comfortable ambient temperature year-round. Authentic Provencal design, the house (172m2 usable floor space, including covered terrace of 26m2 plus garage) has a tastefully decorated interior and offers countryside tranquility. Swimming-pool can be constructed, either near covered terrace above or additional property below (in order to avoid noise).
The garage will store one car as well as a small workshop. However, since car garage-storage is no great necessity here, the garage could be employed to build an additional bedroom. Rental income during the summer months is about 700/800 euros per week. (Various agents can handle manage your property contractually in your absence.)
For link to web-site and additional information/photos, simply inquire.
- Stairs in “Gascony stone” to upper floor.
- Kitchen is fully equipped with a fitted refrigerator, convective-air oven, induction hot-plate (with ventilated extractor hood) and dishwasher. A window is located above the sink with a view of the southern countryside. The kitchen counter-top is in Indian granite with numerous electrical outlets as well as a telephone line and TV antenna plug.
- Dining room - candelabra (with dimmer) and views south and west of countryside. Direct access to west-facing covered terrace with balustrade.
- Living room - ceiling spots to light entire space, numerous electric outlets for floor lamps, TV and Satellite outlets, a ceiling exit has been foreseen in the living-room should a chimney emplacement be desired.
- A small bedroom presently employed as a laundry room, but the machines can be placed in the garage where water and electricity are available.
- Large master bedroom with teak flooring and closet.
- Two additional bedrooms (or a guest room and a study) with closets.
All bedrooms contain electrical, TV, ceiling fan and telephone outlets.
- Large central bathroom with twin-basin sink, mirror, shower stall and a pulsed-air/water whirlpool bath and closet.
- Shower room with WC
House is certified with a Class "B" Energy Rating - on a range of A to G, where A is the best. For which annual electricity costs are greatly minimized. DSL is also available over a fixed-line as well as high-speed 4G for both smart-phones and a PC. A satellite dish is installed for television reception.