Provencal Villa with character, residential property for sale direct from owner with splendid 180° sunny southern view of Gers countryside and Pyrenees.
In small village 15 kilometers north of Auch, 55 minutes by highway west of Toulouse airport (Blagnac), 45 minutes from hi-speed train (TGV) in Agen, two hours from skiing in the Pyrenees, 2.5 hours from Bordeaux vineyards and 3 hours from Biaritz.
Located in quiet small-village (with school). Open-air fruit/vegetable markets in various towns, museums, wineries, chateaux, exhibitions, golf course (10 minutes), antique stores, casino and health spa - all a short drive away. Further details available on dedicated web-site linked below.
Fixed-line DSL is available, with the house only 600 meters from the telephone exchange. The DSL is "unbundled" and therefore of a higher-than-ordinary speed. As well, 4G ultra-broadband internet is available (and employed) due to the house's proximity to Auch. (Warning: At present, both unbundled-DSL and 4G may not be available everywhere in the Gers.)
Recently built (2007) with geothermal heating, well-insulated for comfortable ambient temperature year-round. Authentic Provencal design, the house (172m2 usable floor space, including covered terrace of 26m2 plus garage) has a tastefully decorated interior and offers countryside tranquility.
The garage will store one car as well as a small workshop. However, since car garage-storage is no great necessity here, the garage could be employed to build an additional bedroom. Rental income during the summer months is about 700 euros per week.
For link to web-site and additional information/photos, simply inquire.
- Stairs in “Gascony stone” to upper floor.
- Kitchen is fully equipped with a fitted refrigerator, convective-air oven, induction hot-plate (with ventilated extractor hood) and dishwasher. A window is located above the sink with a view of the southern countryside. The kitchen counter-top is in Indian granite with numerous electrical outlets as well as a telephone line and TV antenna plug.
- Dining room - candelabra (with dimmer) and views south and west of countryside. Direct access to west-facing covered terrace with balustrade.
- Living room - ceiling spots to light entire space, numerous electric outlets for floor lamps, TV and Satellite outlets, a ceiling exit has been foreseen in the living-room should a chimney emplacement be desired.
- A small bedroom presently employed as a laundry room, but the machines can be placed in the garage where water and electricity are available.
- Large master bedroom with teak flooring and closet.
- Two additional bedrooms (or a guest room and a study) with closets.
All bedrooms contain electrical, TV, ceiling fan and telephone outlets.
- Large central bathroom with twin-basin sink, mirror, shower stall and a pulsed-air/water whirlpool bath and closet.
- Shower room with WC
House is certified with a Class "B" Energy Rating - on a range of A to G, where A is the best. For which annual electricity costs are greatly minimized. DSL is also available over a fixed-line as well as high-speed 4G for both smart-phones and a PC. A satellite dish is installed. (Excellent reception by satellite of internet, which is true of all the Gers.)