Set in a very peaceful location this delightful property sits on almost 3 hectares that include two fields, woodland and well stocked and colourful garden areas. Close to the main house is a small gite that has been successfully advertised with French Connections for six years, earning tens of thousands of pounds. The secluded swimming pool is in a particularly beautiful setting and has the benefit of heating via an efficient heat pump. Set over 200 metres back from the public road the property enjoys complete privacy but is only a few minutes from the local boulangerie, butcher and general store. Supermarkets and full range of shops are available 20 minutes away.
The exterior of the main house was completely painted by professionals in 2015. The interior is in good decorative order throughout. The gite is completely modernised. Although small it is very well equipped and sees many repeat guests. It has its own terrace. The property's grounds are a haven for wildlife including red squirrels, dormice and other interesting animals. A huge variety of birds and butterflies can also be seen. In Spring the dawn chorus is a rare experience as is the total silence often present under the midday sun.
In detail, the main house has:
- Three double bedrooms, each en suite - The two ground floor bedrooms can be locked off from the rest of the house as well as each other. Occupants can also enter/leave the house by dedicated doors. These features allow the possibility of renting them out as chambres d’hote.
- An open plan kitchen/dining area
- A large sitting room with principal dining area, useful cellar and loft space capable of development (subject to consent). A very large window in the sitting room/dining area makes this space light and airy as indeed is most of the house (unlike many French rural properties which tend to be dark and gloomy inside). Focal point of the sitting room is the very large stone built working fireplace.
The front door opens onto:
- A spacious hallway and wide corridor leading to all areas. Two of the bedrooms are on the ground level, the third being above the lounge. There is also:
- A mezzanine currently used as an office.
Leading off from the kitchen area is:
- A generous terrace.
- A separate utility room is to the rear of the kitchen as is:
- A small toilet/washroom.
Central heating is provided throughout from an oil-fired boiler.
A small gite with south facing terrace consisting of lounge, kitchen, bedroom and shower room. Despite proximity to the main house it retains a good amount of privacy with no windows facing the house. Ideal for two people, the current owners set the bedroom as a twin or double as required but a convertible settee in the lounge can extend the capacity to four. The sale includes all equipment, linen etc. needed to operate the gite at full capacity.
A large stone-built garage/workshop has a moderate brick-built garden shed to one side. Electricity is available in both.
The gardens are a delight and have been much commented on by gite guests. A small greenhouse aids in their productivity and maintenance. A pumped water supply from the well serves part of the garden. Mains water is fed to other areas via standpipes. Whilst the current owners have placed emphasis on plants and shrubs there are ample opportunities and space to grow vegetables, keep chickens etc. for those wishing to follow the ideals of the good life. The two fields, already partly fenced could easily take large animals such as sheep or horses.
The property has private drainage and this was inspected and approved by Saur in 2015. Energy efficiency and emission ratings have also been carried out in 2014 and these are B and D respectively. Documents are available for all these.