Charming, lovingly renovated traditional cottage with pool in a peaceful hamlet set by the Forest of Aulnay, Charente Maritime.
This beautiful cottage is fully equipped and furnished, ready just to drop your suitcase and move in! It is ideal as your private bolt-hole from the busyness of everyday life or as an established, successful business opportunity.
- Above ground pool.
- All furniture and equipment is included in the sale.
For more details email us for a brochure.
- Good Income: We have at least 12 weeks booked each year, often more, accompanied by rave reviews from our guests.
- Fully Equipped: The cottage is fully furnished and equipped with everything you need for holiday lets, accommodating up to 4 people.
- Marketing Tools: All of our marketing tools are available, including your own website, presence on other marketing sites, credit card payment systems and automated client management services. These tools almost allow the business to run itself!
- Local Management: If you are not able to manage the clients on-site yourself, we can also connect you with our reliable local, English-speaking manager who is familiar with the cottage and will interface with clients and maintain the cottage and grounds.
- Development Potential: There is scope to extend to four bedrooms or develop an extra gite to double the business potential. Layout sketches are available.
- By air: Low-cost flights into La Rochelle, Poitiers or Limoges.
- By road: Within a day's drive of all the channel ports.
Why are we selling?
We will be very sad to lose the cottage. It was our first purchase and has been a firm favourite with the family. However, we are consolidating our investment portfolio and need to release capital to invest in another property.
Open-plan living space (Lounge, Kitchen, Dining)
This spacious (approx 350 sq ft), open-plan area is enhanced by the tiled floor, vaulted ceiling and oak beams. Exposed Charentaise stonework and the open fireplace with wood-burning stove add oodles of character.
- The lounge is comfortably furnished, including a sofa-bed, two armchairs TV, basic SKY reception, DVD player and CD/radio.
- The kitchen includes a gas cooker, fridge, a range of electrical items and a generous supply of pans, utensils and cutlery. There is also a chest freezer in the laundry room.
- The dining area includes a table, 4 chairs and a dresser filled with glasses and crockery.
Bedroom and En-suite
- The double bedroom has a velux-style window and tiled floor.
- Furnished with twin, electronically adjustable beds, dressing table/drawers and a double wardrobe. Bed linen, duvets, and pillows are also included.
- The family-sized en-suite shower room is simple and fresh with a 3-piece white suite, exposed stone wall and tiled floor.
Second shower room and Utility
- The second shower room is accessed from the patio. It is equipped with a shower, toilet and wash basin, but only has access to cold water.
- The utility room is equipped with a washing machine and freezer.
Garage and Driveway
- The large garage (approx 300 sq ft) serves as storage and/or a games room. It also provides potential for 2 further bedrooms or a lounge for a second gite.
- The driveway can accommodate at least three cars.
Main Garden, Patio and Pool
- Main garden is south-facing, completely enclosed and private with unrestricted views over the fields to the Forest of Aulnay
- The 18ft diameter pool sits at the top of the garden. Pool filtration and equipment is housed in a weatherproof store beside the pool.
- The large sunny patio and veranda are ideal for outdoor dining .