Total area: 1602m2 (Most of the furniture and equipment is included in the sale price allowing for a Gîte or B&B business to be established quickly)
Habitable area: 261m2
- Large 3 story detached house
- Beautiful Home
- 9 bedrooms including studio flat
- Gite catering for up to 15 guests
- 3 separate gardens
- Off road parking for 5 cars
- 3 car garage
- Gas -Combi central heating
- Close to the coast
- Possible other Business Use: B &B / Hotel / Conversion to Flats
For 20 years, this establishment has been run as a self-catering holiday business (gîte). It can house up to 15 guests at a time. The self-contained studio apartment can be used by the owners while there are holiday guests in residence.
This main house, built in 1880 originally as part of an orphanage, has been converted to provide ideal living or holiday accommodation, sleeping 12 (+ 2 cots) with ease. The huge well equipped kitchen/dining room can seat up to 12; where everyone can enjoy eating sociably together French style and the large lounge can comfortably seat 12.
There are three delightful, secure gardens, with double swing, which provide safe play areas as well as a boules area. There is plenty of space in the garden for eating alfresco and off road parking for up to five cars. The house has full gas fired central heating and constant hot water.
Rental charges in high season have been 1,250€ per week and it could be 'let' all the year round. Renovated and maintained by the current owners, this property has a habitable living space of 261m², along with grounds of 1, 602m². Please take a look at our rental advertisement with French Connections for further rental information.
The house can be sold fully furnished and equipped.
Uzel is close to a choice of 9 beautiful beaches, just 8 minutes away by car, and endless coastal walks. Locquirec is the local picturesque seaside town with: a harbour, choice of lovely beaches, a supervised beach play area for small children, many restaurants and cafe/bars.
Plestin les Greves, the local town just a few minutes away, has two new supermarkets, many shops: boulangeres / butchers / newsagnet etc, cinema, restaurants and bars/cafes and a bustling market on Sunday mornings.
The house is positioned between two larger towns; Morlaix with its massive viaduct, unique mediaeval buildings, many good shops and restaurants and Lannion, which has a superb all day market on Thursdays that stretches the length of the town, good shops and restaurants etc. Also close is the Côte de Granite Rose, a spectacular coast with massive red granite volcanic boulders and delightful beaches.
All this part of North Brittany is a favourite with French holiday makers - and they should know!
Uzel is within easy reach of Roscoff - 40 minutes away to the West and St Malo to the East - 1 hour 45 minutes drive on the N12 motorway. (No tolls to pay in Brittany!)
Uzel is fairly close to the N12 route national (motorway) which connects both Roscoff to the West and St Malo to the East. (An accurate map is provided when booking).
The two nearest airports are to the West, Brest, which is serviced by some of the low priced airlines including Flybe, approximately 1 hours drive from the property and Dinard airport, serviced by Ryanair, just 1 hours 45 minutes away.
The property comprises:
- Sitting Room - Two feature arched windows and double half-glazed doors to front. Fireplace (decorative only at present, the flue is there to be connected,) insert wood-burner, with wooden mantel. Wooden floor. Two radiators. Doors to bedrooms 1 and 2, plus hallway leading to WC and kitchen.
- Bedroom 1 - Window to front. Radiator. Wooden floor (with carpet over).
- Bedroom 2 - Two windows to rear. Radiator. Wooden floor.
- Hallway - glazed door to rear garden. Tiled floor.
- WC - White close-coupled WC. Radiator. Tiled floor.
- Kitchen - Refurbished in 2009. Glazed door to rear garden and window to front. Two white Belfast ceramic sinks with white ceramic wall tiles. White base and wall units with granite style work surface. Gas cooker (Brandt) with extractor hood (Whirlpool). Plumbing for dishwasher and washing machine. Space for fridge. Wooden clad ceiling and ceramic tiled floor. Two radiators. Wooden staircase to first floor. Door to utility.
- Utility - Window to front. Gas central heating boiler (Vaillant) Concrete floor.
- Landing - Windows to front and rear. Carpet covered floor. Radiator. Door to attic area and second floor.
- Bathroom - Window to front. White bath with white ceramic wall tiles, walk in corner shower unit. White pedestal washbasin. Possibility to add a WC. Vinyl tiled design covered floor. Door to landing and connecting door to bedroom 3:
- Bedroom 3. Window to rear. Wooden clad ceiling. Radiator. Carpet covered floor. Door to landing.
- Old kitchen: Window to front. Stainless steel sink and drainer with cupboard under. Gas boiler (Vaillant), Ochre coloured wall tiles and vinyl tile design covered floor.
- Shower Room - Walk in shower cabinet. White pedestal washbasin and white ceramic wall tiles. White low-level WC. Vinyl covered floor. Radiator.
- Bedroom 4 - Two windows to front. Carpet covered floor. (Three single beds) Radiator.
- Bedroom 5 - Two windows to front. Carpet covered floor. Two single beds. Door to second staircase (presently closed off), Radiator.
- Bedroom 6 - Window to rear. Carpet covered floor. (Double bed) Radiator.
In two sections:
Section 1 - To be renovated.
Section 2 - Owners Studio Apartment
Small roof window to front and two to rear. Insulated roof and sound proofed. Divided into bedroom area and living/dining area. Beamed ceiling, wooden floor with carpet over.
- Kitchen - Small window to rear. Stainless steel sink with drainer and cupboard under. Space for gas cooker and fridge. Plumbing for dishwasher. Base and wall units with work surfaces. Sloping wooden clad ceiling. Vinyl covered floor.
- Shower Room - Window to front. Walk in shower. Two blue inset washbasins with cupboards under. Aqua wall tiles. White close-coupled WC. Vinyl covered floor. Electric radiator.
Second staircase leading to first floor Bedroom 7.
- Bedroom 7 - Window to front and to rear. L-shaped. Carpet covered floor. Radiator.
Staircase leading down to owners Entrance Hall Door to side and window to rear. Ceramic tiled floor. Plumbing for washing machine and dryer.
- Bedroom 8/Utility - Window to rear. Painted wooden clad walls. Ceramic tiled floor. Pipes for radiator if required. Electricity switches.
This property has gas central heating and constant hot water.
- Ancient Bakery - Door to rear and window to side. Three exposed stone walls. Fireplace. Door leading into garage.
- Garage with three up and over doors. Gravelled floor. Corrugated and Perspex roof.
- Three gardens to front and rear. Gravelled to the rear, with a boules area, shrubs and palm trees. Divided into two to the front. A larger garden with swing and barbeque for guests and a smaller garden with terrace for the owners.
- Parking for up to 5 cars.