Set in the beautiful region of the Dordogne with its wealth of chateaux and medieval villages, this 18thC stone farmhouse has been completely restored to combine the traditional architecture and materials of the region with the requirement of comfortable, efficient and modern living. The property is quietly set at close to a small village, overlooking the countryside, surrounded by field lands and woods with land up to 9 hectares included in the sale.
This gorgeous property is set just 3km from Lisle with its boulangeries, supermarket, pharmacy, restaurants & bars. The property lies just 7km from Bourdeilles - a scenic tourist stop off which sits on the edge of the river Dronne and boasts a chateau, a moulin (mill), a medieval centre, a panoramic view point along with restaurants & bars. Just 13km from the home and you have the stunningly beautiful tourist spot of Brantome with it's abundance tourist attractions, cafés and bars. The property is also just a short drive from the large popular town of Perigueux at just 28 km.
On entering the property you arrive into:
- The open plan kitchen with living area which is beautifully decorated with exposed beams and stone flooring – high quality materials used throughout the renovation. The open kitchen makes entertaining a delight! Further on from the kitchen you reach
- The downstairs shower room with wc and on from this
- A generously sized utility room.
Leading down from the living area, the solid wood staircase brings you to:
- Two large bedrooms, both of which are ensuite and both of which have independent access doors to the exterior of the home.
- Leading up from the first floor you arrive at the large mezzanine style master bedroom which is flooded with light from two large Velux windows with electric blinds. The master bedroom boasts large bathroom, with tub, alongside.
- Large heated swimming pool,
- 9 hectares
- A stunning barn which has been refurbished and offers a wealth of potential to easily convert to a second home or gite to let-all major work already done to barn.
Wood burner, reverse air conditioning, electric gates, generator, alarm system, automatic lighting, heated pool-very high spec. Viewing highly recommended. No agency fees.