Live the dream. This beautiful old house has been split to provide comfortable owners' accommodation and three independent apartments to let and is set in stunning grounds of approximately 4 acres. To the front of the property are beautiful, rushing streams and shady areas to relax and enjoy them. The main garden is raised and has a heated pool and sun terrace, and many fruit trees of apples, cherries and figs.
On the ground floor is
- The entrance hall with its black and white checkered floor and an elegant walnut staircase to the upper floors.
- A door gives access to the ground floor apartment , Les Roses, which has an open plan kitchen / dining / living room, a large family bedroom with one double and two single beds, and a shower room / toilet. Doors from both the living room and the bedroom open onto the front terrace and, across the small chemin rural, the front gardens, a superb outlook. The ceiling is high, adding to the sense of space. There is a reversible heat exchange unit which heats and cools and dehumidifies and is economical to run. There are also electric radiators.
The first floor is
- The owner's accommodation . The fully fitted kitchen (gas range cooker, fridge / freezer with water dispenser / dishwasher / microwave / 1.5 sink) has a door to the huge sun flooded terrace and also opens to the magnificent dining room. Tall windows give plenty of light to both rooms. The dining room has built in wooden bookcases to two walls and the most wonderful view across the front garden. Behind the dining room is a cozy sitting room with a woodburner and a huge window overlooking the terrace. Doors from the sitting room lead to this terrace and to the area from which the Maison des Amis is accessed. The bedroom is large, with one wall of fitted wardrobes and another tall window looking over the front garden. There is a shower room / toilet. This apartment also has a reversible heat exchange unit and electric heaters.
The second (top) floor has
- A two bedroom apartment , Les Violettes. There is a large living dining room with a high ceiling and attractive beams. The kitchen is separate but open to the living room. The two bedrooms can both accommodate double beds and the bathroom has a toilet, basin and bath with shower over. It has electric heaters.
To the side of the main house is a slightly newer addition.
- The ground floor houses the laundry room / linen store and the cave.
- Above this is the Maison des Amis , which is accessed via steps to the back. The main room has an open plan living / dining area and a small kitchen area, while upstairs is a mezzanine bedroom and shower room. Full height windows look over the front garden. This apartment has electric heating.
All the apartments have satellite tv.
Each of the apartments and the Maison des Amis have separate hot water tanks and are completely independent. All the accommodation is full of light.
The gardens are a special feature of the property. There is a small chemin rural between the house and the front garden. The streams are mostly man made (though old) and there is a 'sluice' through which the main stream runs that used to power a wheel. Other streams may have been used to breed trout. There is a feature pond with a duck island in the middle and old stone bridges cross the streams immediately in front of the house. Downstream, there is a large garage / storage unit with extra parking space.
The 'top' garden is accessed via steps to the side of the house and can also be reached directly from the owners' terrace and small, private garden. The 10m x 5m pool is approximately 50m away from the house and has a wonderful pool shed housing a well. It is heated by a heat pump and has a bubble cover to help keep the heat in (when needed) and a heavy winter cover. There is an irrigation system for the garden in place. Apple, cherry and fig trees are in this area.
There is a large, open garage / storage area under the owners' terrace. Two wooden cabins with electricity are located in the owners' private garden. There is a further garage and two stables. There are no overground wires around the house.
Just 1.5km to the north of Le Bugue, the property is ideally placed for access to the shops in Le Bugue and all the tourist attractions in the surrounding area. It is less that 50km to Bergerac airport. Le Bugue is right in the middle of Bergerac, Perigueux and Sarlat-la-Caneda, a very popular tourist destination with year round flights.