Located in the picturesque village of Siran, in the Herault department, this magnificent house is set over 3 floors, has been recently renovated and features 4 bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen, stunning open plan design, marble floors and staircase, terrace areas and there is also the possible use of a cultivated garden of some 100m2.
This property not only offers buyers a comfortable, spacious and modern place to live but also an exciting venture into the French holiday rental market, thanks to its spectacular location in the Herault department, known for its vast array of areas of outstanding natural beauty, many of which are close to this property.
GROUND FLOOR - Entry to the house is by way of a wide entrance hall which leads to:
- Two bedrooms of 12.25 m2. The first bedroom has an exposed beam ceiling, was the doctor's surgery and has an original tiled floor. This room has a telephone/internet connection.The second of the bedrooms, which was the surgery waiting room, also has an exposed beamed ceiling, can be used as a summer sitting room and has French doors leading to the lower terrace. Leading from the second bedroom is the lower terrace of 25 ms, which has water, electricity, and an outside, summer shower. It is south facing and, therefore, has plenty of sunshine, even in the winter months. It is possible to enhance the use of the is are by fitting a summer kitchen area.
- There is, also, a large extensive garage of some 80ms, enough for 3 vehicles, and which has both light and water. The garage ceiling is fully insulated To the rear of the garage there is a small storage room, and the new oil-fired boiler. leading from the rear, left of the garage there is a 4m2, gravelled, garden area.
The total ground floor space is some 123m2.
FIRST FLOOR - There is a marble stairway leading from the ground floor to the extensive first floor area, which completely self-contained.
- This floor has a renovated fully equipped kitchen of some 10.5ms. It has marble worktops made and fitted by a local artisan. Also, there are fitted Bosch appliances and plenty of cupboard space. The kitchen leads to another terrace, south facing, of some 12ms, which has electricity and water, as well as a built-in barbeque, and is perfect for dining at most times of the year.
- From the kitchen there is a long hall of over 11 m2 with several rooms leading off. There is a grand, 37ms living room, which has an original wooden parquet floor, a wood burning stove and marble fireplace. As with many rooms in the house, the current owners have taken great care to retain the original windows and doors.
- A prominent feature of the house is the luxurious Spanish tiled bathroom of 15ms, which has a walk-in shower, slipper bath, heated towel rail, plus a separate utility/wc room.
- There are also 2 large, double bedrooms on this floor, the main bedroom being 22.75m2, and the second being 12.25ms. This bedroom also has two walk-in closets, which could be converted to an en-suite bathroom. Again, these rooms have original floors windows, and exposed beams.
The total first floor space is 109ms.
SECOND FLOOR - The marble stairs from this floor lead to a second floor of 100ms, which has power and is partly renovated, with a room that can be used either as a 5th bedroom, or as further living room with possibly a roof terrace from which there is a spectacular view south towards the Pyrenees.
There is also an unattached, cultivated, garden which the owners use to grow fruit and vegetables for the kitchen, and which could be available to the future owners of this property.
The house is situated in a very popular village, with all amenities, including a supermarket, boulangerie, post office, several wine domains, chateau hotel, bar restaurant, notaire, and tapas bar.
- Located in a peaceful and well-run community.
- Spacious property set over 3 floors (134m2).
- Cultivated garden are of some 100m2.
- Recently renovated and kept in excellent condition.
- Equipped with modern appliances.
- Oil-fired central heating, and log burning stove.
- Plumbing and electrical systems are new, as is the roof.
- The downstairs area, and the grenier, could easily be converted for business purposes, ie B&B, or further, separate accommodation.
- Actual habitable space at the moment is 134ms.
- Fast fibre-optic internet, and satellite dish probes that offer both an English and French tv facility.
- Excellent views of nearby Pyrenees.
- Massive potential in the holiday rental market.
- Close to local village and shops, bars and restaurants.
- Close to the borers of Spain and Andorra.
- Many fantastic walking, cycling, skiing, water sports and fishing areas in the vicinity.
- Close to excellent golf courses such as Golf de Carcassonne and Golf Santa Rosa.
- Excellent transport links.
- Carcassonne airport is only 30 minutes away.