These terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with our terms of website use
- Your advertising text must be supplied in English, and be accompanied by good quality digital photos. Composite photos made from more than one image are not accepted. Your payment must be received before your advertisement will be displayed on the site.
- Please upload your photos in JPG format with the compression set for for best quality. Important. Digital images should not be less than 375 pixels high. The maximum size for photos is 495 pixels high by 903 pixels wide. When you upload pictures to our site they will be resized to the correct size automatically however to ensure a faster upload it is advisable to not to upload file sizes greater than 10MB.
- By uploading a photo to the site you warrant that you have all intellectual property rights with respect to each uploaded photograph or that the copyright holder has given you all rights necessary to use the photograph. You also warrant that the photograph accurately and fairly represents the subject of the photograph and that it has not been altered in such a way as to mislead a viewer of that photograph.
- If you include any images of people (be it family, friends or members of the public), you have obtained prior consent from said person(s).
- You agree to indemnify French Connections (WebConnection Ltd) against any action resulting from a breach of copyright claim from pictures, consent from person(s) being photographed and descriptive text or other material submitted by you.
- You grant French Connections a perpetual licence to use submitted photos in promotions or other areas of the French Connections site and all associated sites, including pages on social media sites relating to French Connections or its associated sites.
- Photos with text on them will not be accepted and we do not recommend the use of photos with dates.
- The maximum number of photos that can be displayed on one advertisement under any unlimited photos offer is subject to sensible use.
- Your advertisement must offer a true and accurate description of your property, its contents and its amenities, to comply with section 24 of the UK Trade Descriptions Act 1968. You agree to indemnify French Connections (Webconnection Ltd) against any action arising as a result of information (including pictures) contained in your advert.
- We accept payment by Visa debit, Visa and Mastercard Credit cards. Credit card transactions will be processed in Pounds sterling. Regrettably, we can no longer accept cheques.
- For Realestate clients on initial sign-up, Realestate properties un-sold after 1 year may continue to be displayed at no further charge providing that the property is genuinely for sale.
- Rental and Real-Estate adverts: Due to the fact that the vast majority of the work involved in setting up your pages and promoting your property on the internet is completed during the first few weeks of your subscribing to our services we are unable to offer a refund on cancelled advertisements for whatever reason.
- Transferal of the advertisement to another party if the house is sold is possible for a nominal fee. Renewal fees should be considered non-refundable following instruction by an advertiser to withdraw an advertisement during any part of the advertising period.
- Confirmation that the property is 'live' on French Connections will be made by email once the advertisement has been approved.
- It is the owner's responsibility to check the advertisement details carefully once prepared and to go back on line and correct where required.
- An email form is included on your web page to protect your email address from Spam and virus attachments. It is your responsibility as soon as your page goes live and regularly throughout the period of advertising, to check its operation and inform us of any problems encountered. Delivery of email enquiries can never be 100% guaranteed due to external circumstances outside of our control such as ISP spam filtering. A copy of your enquiries is however held in the owners area of the site and this should be checked on a regular basis. We will not display email addresses directly on your web page. You can change your contact email address yourself at any time via the owners login link on the home page of the website. Inappropriate use of the email form on other property owners pages is forbidden and may result in the suspension of your advertisement without notice.
Scammers: Sadly there are scams going around the internet and we unfortunately are not in a position to prevent this entirely. Any email request which sounds in any way dubious should be treated with suspicion and it would be helpful if you could forward them to us with the e-mail address they have come from.Where possible we identify and stop this type of email being forwarded, notably where a significant amount of similar emails are attempting to be sent through our servers.
- We reserve the right to reject or amend any advertising copy submitted at our sole discretion, both to enhance your advertising and also to adhere to the general format of the site as a whole.
- We require you to send us proof of identity such as a French utility bill or French bank statement with your name and French property address on it before publishing your advertisement. Your advertisement cannot be published without this proof. Copies of such documentation will not be kept on file but will be deleted.
- For rental advertisers: Please note that your property will be indexed according to the number of bedrooms it contains. Mezzanines are not classified as a bedroom unless they are fully enclosed. Bedrooms which are accessed via another bedroom should be clearly indicated in your text.
- Links to your personal website may be added providing the personal site does not contain other properties that are not advertised on French Connections and is not commercial in any way. A link back to French Connections will be required to be included on your website with the link text that we will supply. French Connections reserve the right to withdraw a link without notice if the linked site is found to be in breach of this condition. Links to other sites within the text of your advertisement are not permitted and will not be included. Your website will be displayed within a window on the French Connections website.
- It is up to the owner/manager to submit any updates (text or images) made to the listing to us for approval and publication on the live site. Failure to do this will result in a delay in your amendments being approved. French Connections regularly check adverts that have not submitted their updates and where no further payment is required, we will submit these on your behalf to avoid further delay. In us doing so, you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions.
- Once material has been submitted, edited and posted on the French Connections web site, it becomes the property of French Connections and its affiliated sites and may not be copied from the web site without written permission. You may not give permission for other websites to copy material from French Connections.
- It is the property owner's responsibility to check all changes have been made accurately.
- Your advertisement may also be displayed on other WebConnection network sites or other partner sites. These sites may change without prior notice. If you wish to opt out of this you may do so by letting us know.
- An email inviting you to check the owners area regarding renewal of your advertisement will be sent to you 30 days prior to your advertisement is due to expire. Your renewal subscription fee can be viewed and paid via the 'owners area'
- If the operators of French Connections are unable to provide the promised level of service for any reason, including but not limited to service outages, war, acts of God or negligence, neither French Connections or its owners can be held liable for any costs beyond the pro-rated costs paid by the client for which the services were not provided.
- French Connections reserve the right to make amendments to, or upgrade its' website as the Company feels appropriate. This includes changes to search criteria which may be updated at any point during the year and changes to format on the home page and all other pages on French Connections including individual advertisements.
- For rental advertisers: The property owner agrees to keep the availability up to date and to mark weeks booked as soon as they become sold. If we receive complaints that the availability is consistently not correct your property may be suspended without notice. If you do not enter your availability you will preclude the property from appearing in any date-based search results.
- For real estate advertisers: When the property is sold it is essential you notify French Connections as soon as possible so that your advertisement can be removed.
- For rental advertisers: It is the responsibility of the property owner to update their rental prices as appropriate. Non-display of rental prices will preclude the property from appearing in any priced based search results.
- For Rental advertisers: Featured Properties slots are paid at least 8 weeks before the property is due to be scheduled and is none refundable, if for any reason you do not wish to take up the slots booked we can at our discretion offer you another slot for another date at no extra cost subject to availability.
- For rental advertisers: Two free entries of two weeks each are provided in the Special Offers searches at sign up and again at renewal. Additional entries may be purchased at any time. If you purchase 8 or more photos then further special offers are free.
- In the unlikely event that we should receive a complaint about your property, we reserve the right to suspend the advertisement pending investigation. If we receive 2 complaints of the same nature and the complaints are found to be justified the advertisement will be terminated. No refund will be given in this event.
- VAT will be added to the price of your advert if applicable.
- French Connections may at any time vary and amend its terms and conditions by publishing the varied Terms and Conditions on the website. You accept that by doing this, French Connections has provided you with sufficient notice of the variation and amendment. French Connections will not notify individual clients as and when the variation occurs.
- It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with the current terms and conditions each time you visit the website. By using or continuing to use the services of French Connections or its affiliated sites, you agree to the terms and conditions above.
We hope you will be pleased with the presentation of your property details, the quality of our website and the interest and bookings that your advertisement will generate. We endeavour to provide a personal, professional and cost-effective service.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for your custom.
Tel: + 44 (0)1580 819303
French Connections is the Trading name of WebConnection Ltd and is located in the UK.