- Property for sale
- Holiday Guides
- What's new?
- My Shortlist
- Advertise with us
The Farmhouse - Farmhouse Holiday Rental in Belmontet, Lot, France
17thC Quercy Farmhouse: 4 Self Catering Gites; B&B; Heated Pool
- Celebrate our 23rd birthday with us at Mondounet Gites and Holiday Homes with our superb Heated Pool
- 2 more rooms available for extra guests; should our Farmhouse or Barn be booked for your dates - you may like to consider taking our Stable which has 2 bedrooms with bathrooms ensuite, plus the 2 double bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms which are usually let as bed & breakfast rooms but also give extra accommodation, when required. Please go to the Stable and B&B details for info., or email us
- We left England in 1988 to make a new life for ourselves in this lovely part of SW France - come and enjoy a superb holiday with us in our 24th year at Mondounet. You'll have a wonderful time.
- In 2 acres of grounds you can have your own privacy and enjoy company when you wish.
- Our 17th century Farmhouse has had another face lift!! New bathroom and refurbished bedrooms on the ground floor completes the great upstairs accommodation with superb balcony/terrace with garden furniture, barbecue and parasol, plus the most wonderful views. See new photos on our website
- Ask about our special offers
- Join us for an evening by the pool; barbecues with entertainment
The property consists of the Farmhouse and three gites, the Barn, the Stable and the Bread Oven. There is a superb heated swimming pool: heated from Spring to Autumn.. It is fenced for extra security.
Situated in the heart of the famous Cahors wine region in the ancient province of the Lot, our charming XVII Century Quercy Farmhouse and holiday gites overlook 2 valleys and are situated in an idyllic and beautiful setting.
There is a superb, heated, salt water swimming pool and pool house overlooking two lovely valleys. The heated swimming pool has underwater lighting and is 46 feet (12m) long and 20 feet (6m) wide, plus a roman end with steps leading into the shallow end. It also has a ladder for easy access. It contains salt water which our guests have found kinder to eyes and skin.
The large paved patio around the heated pool has plenty of room for you to lay back in loungers and relax, perhaps sipping ice cold cocktails! The pool has been heated for some years now and has proved very popular. It has been a great success with our early and late guests, who enjoy all the benefits of an out-of-season holiday.
The pool house is well equipped including a fridge for your cold drinks etc. There is a solar heated shower. In the grounds there is lots of room to play table tennis, badminton and boules.
There is also a lake with a beach nearby. A selection of paperbacks are available for your holiday enjoyment.
The property is close to the bustling, historic towns of Cahors, Montauban, Moissac and lively medieval villages: Montcuq, Lauzerte, Montaigu de Quercy. Discover our little corner of paradise just as all our guests who have enjoyed holidays here since 1989, you will come back as they do. You will have a wonderful holiday.
Please contact the owner for special offers available throughout the year.
- Dear Zoe and Peter, we SO enjoyed our holiday and it was wonderful to see you both, so unchanged. Andrew said it was the best hoiday he'd every had and described Mondounet as "magical", which it is. We will definitely be back. In the meantime, take good care of yourselves. Linda and Andrew (Farmhouse Aug/Sep 2012)
- If you're looking for a relaxing and fun 'home from home' then look no further than Mondounet, run by English couple Peter and Zoe Scott. With 22 years experience running this B&B and gite complex in the beautiful, sunny Lot region of south-west France, Peter & Zoe know what it takes to make guests happy...lots of laughter, good food and wine in homely surroundings where you feel like one of the family as soon as you walk in. Not far from the buzz of Montcuq, their farmhouse at Mondounet is surrounded by fields as far as the eye can see, yet within easy driving distance of picturesque villages, good restaurants and many places of interest to visit. - Jeni Wright (2012)
- Dear Zoe, Slightly belated but very sincere thanks that you sent of the show stopping karaoke stars! Thank you again for the wonderful time we had Chez Scott and your wonderful attention to our needs, greatly appreciated. With very best wishes to you both, Andy and Libby (August 2011)
- Hi Zoe and Pete, we had a great holiday and the kids really enjoyed it as much as we did. Next time, we will not leave it so long before we return. Carole, Dave, Natasha and Lauren (Aug 2011)
- Hello Peter and Zoe, back to reality! We had a great journey through France and the Stable already seems a long while ago. We had a wonderful time and just trying to work out how we can return again next summer with our family. Thank you again for making our holiday such a relaxing and happy time. Kay and Geoff (Aug 2010)
- Dear Zoe and Peter, I'd like to say a huge thankyou for making us so very welcome and for accommodating our unconventional travel plans with such good grace. We loved our time at Mondounet and will treasure lots of happy memories. The pool and surroundings were just perfect and the Barn so well equipped, comfortable and peaceful. All the best and many thanks again. Donna and Tom (July 2010)
- Hi Zoe, we had such a lovely holiday and will certainly be returning again. Your hospitality, the setting and location of Mondounet made for such a relaxing and enjoyable time. Thank you again to both of you for a great holiday. (Nicki/Darren May/June 2010)
- Dear Zoe and Peter, thank you so much for your hospitality. We both had such a great time and found it very easy to make ourselves at home on your property. The views were stunning, the walks relaxing, the accommodation exactly what we needed and the hosts were perfect. The aperitifs were appreciated and the jokes and laughter will be remembered fondly. The holiday was truly a memory-maker. With warm regards and best wishes for your future, thanks again. Kerry and Shaun.
- "Just in case you hadn't heard - yesterdays paper - Weekend section - featured Mondounet - not to mention a half page picture of your pool and English visitors bobbing up and down! If you can't get a copy let me know and I will post one to you. We arrived home safely after a night at Vernon in a very comfortable hotel in the middle of the town (Hotel d'Evreux) and visited Monet's gardens on Saturday. Thank you both for a lovely holiday, we all thoroughly enjoyed our stay with you and hope that you enjoyed us as well ........................... You live in a lovely area and I am very envious! Very best wishes."
John, Maxine, Karl and Ciaran (11/08)
- " Its a really happy coincidence that I should have stumbled upon your site tonight as its our wedding anniversary tomorrow and of course it was on our honeymoon that we had the pleasure to meet two of the nicest people at one of the most beautiful properties in France. You were very kind in the arrangements you made for us to have what was a superb honeymoon at your little piece of heaven, and so hospitable to us when we were there. I can still taste Claude's wine now!" Derek and Denise
- Just a brief note to say that we arrived back home safely, and had a trouble free journey. Only sorry that we had to leave so early on Saturday, and didn't have a chance to say a last goodbye. We hope we left everything OK, and no doubt you will return our deposit in due course.We both really needed this holiday and we wanted to thank you both for making our stay such a happy and memorable one. Thank you also for the "Italian Evening". It was great fun, and we really enjoyed it. The weather of course was terrific, and it was a bit of a shock when we got back to England!!.
Best wishes, and thank you again. We hope to come back again.................... Ken & Jean
- Dear Zoe & Peter
Thank you for sending the cheque for the refund of the security deposit. It was post marked at Montcuq on 9/8 and we received it on 11/8 !
We thoroughly enjoyed our holiday at Mondounet, thank you both for making us so welcome. It is a lovely place for a holiday and we had a very relaxing stay. The area is also very beautiful and we enjoyed visting the local towns and villages, and driving through the peaceful countryside.
Although we are very much back in the swing of things back here now at least we have some lovely memories of our stay in the Lot and some good photographs of the area to accompany them.
Hopefully we may visit again at some time in the future.
Caroline and Tony
Holiday Accommodation at The Farmhouse
Situated in the heart of the famous Cahors wine region in the ancient province of The Lot, our charming XV11 century Quercy farmhouse overlooks a valley in a beautiful setting and is built with the champagne coloured stone that is famous in this region. Our Farmhouse has had another face lift!! New bathroom and upstairs refurbished bedrooms on the ground floor completes the great upstairs accommodation with superb balcony / terrace with garden furniture, barbecue, parasol and the most wonderful views.
There is a television with English and French programmes, DVD player and radio/cd player. On the main floor there are 2 double bedrooms (one twin), both with large ensuite shower rooms, toilets and wash-hand basins. There is a washing machine. Stairs descend to the ground/garden floor where you will find 2 bedrooms, one double and one single. Between the bedrooms is a new bathroom with w.c., and wash-hand basin. Doors lead from each bedroom into the garden.
Ground floor/garden level
- Bedroom one - has a double bed
- Bedroom two - is a single room
- Bathroom - with WC between the two bedrooms
- Please see more info., below........
- New Kitchen - fully fitted and includes a dishwasher and fridge/freezer. It has lots of character and opens up into the
- Lounge/dining room - superb space with dining table, sofa and armchairs. The patio door leads out on to a large balcony/terrace with wonderful views. No better place to have all your meals, from breakfast to evening barbecue....
- There is a television (English and French); dvd player; radio/cassette player
- From the living room there are steps down to the 2 bedrooms on the ground/garden level (1 double and 1 single with a bathroom and wc between the rooms)
- Bedrooms three and four - (one double and one with twin beds which can be made into a large double). Both have large ensuite shower rooms, mirrored marble topped wash stands and w.c's.
There is a washing machine. Pillows and bed linen/covers are supplied. Please bring your own towels. Electricity and gas are included. Please note that any heating is extra and paid at the end of your stay.
Balcony/Terrace: has table and chairs, a parasol and barbecue.
About Belmontet in Lot, Midi Pyrenees
Mondounet Gites are located in the peaceful Lot countryside and close to Montcuq the famous medieval village (more Monopoly votes than any other town/village in France), near the prehistoric caves of Pech Merle, historic Rocamadour, awesome St. Cirq Lapopie, west of the busting town of Cahors. Our lively medieval village of Montcuq which has a Sunday market and is listed in a book of the 100 best markets in France.
Everything you need for a wonderful holiday is in and around Montcuq including the bars, restaurants, boulangeries, hairdressers, supermarkets, boutiques, tennis courts, lake with beach, golf, riding, great walks, cycling, canoeing, chateaux, prehistoric caves and much more......
There are some superb restaurants in the area - ranging from local auberges at 12 euros for a very good 4 course lunchtime meal including wine, to Michelin star restaurants wonderful food, service and surroundings! We will be pleased to give you advice and reserve a table or two.
The Lot is tranquil and picturesque throughout the year. Particularly beautiful in Spring and early Summer, when butterflies along with cowslips, primroses, orchids and many unusual wild flowers fill the meadows. Those of you interested in natural history will find the Lot Valley the next thing to paradise.
Daytime temperatures can range from l8c to 22c in April to 28c in June - along with the sunshine you would expect from our position in the South West of France.
Autumn, "l'arrière saison", brings its own beauty. The countryside is spectacular. Around each corner is another vivid landscape of reds and golds. Rows of vineyards and ripening grapes dripping from the vines. Then the vendange - picking the grapes is fetted in our nearest village with a gourmet buffet- locals and visitors alike join in to celebrate the harvest by eating, drinking and dancing the night away. Maximum temps can be as high as 26c but realistically they average between 18c and 22c.
There are Christmas and New Year Festivities - especially in our village of Montcuq for the Reveillon - 31st December......great evening with champagne, lots of superb food, wine and music / dancing
If you are thinking of buying a property or on sabbatical, why not take your time and find out more about this beautiful region of the Lot and surrounding areas. We will be pleased to offer advice on what to do and where to go, including wine tours, tastings, sightseeing and the best value restaurants.
- All information about buying or selling properties in France is also available. We have many properties for sale in the Lot, Tarn et Garonne and Lot et Garonne departments. What better after a busy day viewing properties to return and relax at Mondounet Self-Catering Gites and/or Bed & Breakfast.
We will do all we can to ensure that your holiday is comfortable and enjoyable - a success.
See Local guide and map for information on nearby towns and facilities.
How To Get To Belmontet in Lot, South West France
If you plan to travel leisurely through France, we will be pleased to help you plan your route and to book an overnight stop, please let us know.
Fly/drive - it is so easy now
Nearest airports are Toulouse and Bergerac - approx 1 1/4 hours drive from us. Rodez, Carcassonne and Bordeaux are about 2 hours drive. You'll find the roads so good here and traffic minimal, so really easy driving.
Taking the train is comfortable and easy. The fast train (TGV) arrives in Agen which is only 40 minutes away from Mondounet Gites
Ferry and tunnel: 7 1/2 to 9 hours easy driving. We'll give you full details on how to find us easily
Why not take an early or late break. Ferry costs are considerably reduced and travelling to us is much more relaxing.
See Local guide and map for information on nearby towns and airports.
Facilities at The Farmhouse
|Type||Farmhouse, Converted barn, Gîte (Self-catering)|
|Bedrooms||1 single, 2 double, 1 twin|
|Suitability||Smoking welcomed, Suitable for children, Touring motorcyclists welcome|
|Linen||Pillows and bed linen/covers are supplied. No charge|
|Internal facilities||CD player, Central heating (gas), DVD player, English satellite TV, Internet access (broadband), Owner on site, Radio, TV, Weekly maid service|
|Kitchen facilities||Cooker, Dishwasher, Fridge-Freezer, Gas hob, Gas oven, Ironing facilities, Microwave, Washing machine|
Farmhouse beautiful facelift!
Taste and enjoy our great Cahors wine from the vineyards around the corner - free litre to start off your holiday and aperitifs beside the pool. We will be pleased to book your first evening meal at our very good value local auberge restaurant.
|External features on site||Barbecue, Garden, Scenic views, Swimming pool (shared use)|
The grounds at Mondounet are superb; Peter has built up beautiful flower beds and there are many pots filled with geraniums and other colourful flowers.
The heated pool has a large patio around it and the poolhouse where we can have a drink together looking out over the beautiful countryside.
There is badminton, table tennis and boules, plus lots of room for children to play in safety.
Mondounet is in two acres of grounds where you can enjoy your own privacy and have company when you wish.
Availability at The Farmhouse
Availability last updated on: - Wednesday, May 15, 2013
- Booked / Unavailable
|Accommodation rental period||Tariff|
|18 December 2012 - 21 December 2012||
£220.00 per property per week
|22 December 2012 - 4 January 2013||
£765.00 per property per week
|5 January 2013 - 29 March 2013||
£220.00 per property per week
|30 March 2013 - 17 May 2013||
£320.00 per property per week
|18 May 2013 - 5 July 2013||
£545.00 per property per week
|6 July 2013 - 30 August 2013||
£785.00 per property per week
|31 August 2013 - 18 October 2013||
£495.00 per property per week
|19 October 2013 - 15 November 2013||
£335.00 per property per week
Additional price information
Security Deposit - £150
Maid service available, please enquire as to charges
Final cleaning service and baby-sitting available.
Please bring your own towels. Electricity and gas are included. Please note that any heating is extra and paid at the end of your stay.
Outside the above dates our accomodation, with central heating, is available for long lets - please contact us for more details.
As our lovely part of S.W. France has become so popular, the local services (dustbin emptying/road maintenance etc.), have had to increase. Accordingly the local council have introduced a small visitor's tax which is payable by our guests in euros when you are here).
Email the owner
To contact owner directly
(Advertising since October 1996)
Tel: + 33 (0)5 65 36 96 32
Languages spoken by owner English, French
Please mention French Connections.