Paraza, Aude (11) 35 minutes from the Med
2 bath/shower room(s)
Great for holidays, lettings or as a second home
The House will be a delightful and spacious property set on the edge of the sleepy village of Paraza just minutes from the town of Lezignan, just a few miles from the larger towns of Narbonne and Carcassonne and the historic village of Minerve. Centrally located for everything you need. The house has been totally refurbished by a builder.
Paraza is a unique village in the Aude department of the Languedoc, lies on the beautiful canal du Midi with a back drop of the black mountains behind. To the north the hills rise to meet the densely wooded Parc National Haut Languedoc; to the south the open garrigue descends to the vine-covered plains around Narbonne (25 mins), with the Mediterranean a further10 minutes from Narbonne
The area is renowned for its wildlife, birds, innumerable varieties of butterflies and of course, fishing in the river.
The village itself is surrounded by beautiful trees, shrubs and flowers.
Your neighbours in the village are mostly French and are very friendly. Paraza is all on the flat and is lovely for cycling and walking and driving to the top of a valley that gives panoramic views over the Minervois and the Corbieres to the Pyrenees beyond.
- Bird Watching, Cycling, Drawing and painting, Golf, Gourmet dining, Hiking, Mountain biking, Rambling, Rock climbing, Sightseeing, Swimming, Walking, Wine tasting, Wine touring.
- Minerve - a few miles away and a major tourist attraction with its history of the burning of the Cathars and the siege by Simon de Montforte.
- Beaches - 10 minutes from Narbonne is Gruissan my favourite beach village with three beaches and the scene of the film ' Betty Blue'.
- Etangs - along the coast there are lakes that are a sanctuary for birds and boating enthusiasts. Look for the pink flamingoes.
- Restaurants - abound in the area.
- Walkers/Hikers - stunning views of the hills as well as the Pyrenees from the top of the hills. .
- Carrefour shopping complex in Narbonne and markets everywhere in the local villages - one for every day of the week.
- Wine and Olive Tasting - everywhere!!!
- Tourist Train - from Bize Minervois into Narbonne and return - a good day out without the car.
- Cathar Castles - the Cathars were the locals who rebelled against the ethics of the Rome and the Pope. The Pope sent out Simon de Montforte on his Crusades against the Cathars who built many Casles to protect themselves. Minerve was the scene of burning of the Cathars during a major seige. You are in Cathar Country.
- Canal du Midi - Monsieur Riquet's wonderful construction running from the Mediterranean to the Atlantic.
- Le Somail - is 10 mins from Cailhol and here you can hire boats, cycle or walk the tree-lined Canal.
Substantially discounted ferry fares on all routes are available from the UK by contacting Chateau Vary Travel.
- Luc sur Orbieu and Paraza are both ideally situated near 4 French airports: Carcassonne, Montpellier, Toulouse, and Perpignan and is only 35 minutes from Carcassonne and Narbonne, 35 mins from Beziers and the coast.
- Motorail access to Narbonne
- Motorway all the way from Channel ports
- TGV available to Narbonne
- Living room - will incorporate an American style kitchen and dining area and is open plan.
Cooking and water heating are by electric which is cheaper than in the UK.
- Bedroom 2 - room for a double bed and storage
- Bedroom 3 - room for a double or two single beds and storage
- Family bathroom - with bath WC and washbasin.
- Bedroom 1 - the master bedroom huge with great beams running through to the roof and an ensuite shower room. There are many excellent restaurants in the immediate area.
You are in rue de la châteaux and you have a small square and look onto the chateau walls. There is a little patio to the front, ideal for a patio dining table and chairs or a small barbecue.