This classic French Strawberry Charlotte Cake "Charlotte aux Fraises" makes the most delicious summer dessert.
Around 30 finger biscuits
1 can of strawberries or other fruit (just for the juice)
250gr or more strawberry (you can also use other fruit and frozen one too)
350ml double cream
- Clean the strawberries, wash and chop in half.
- In a bowl, whipp the double cream with the sugar
- Use a charlotte mold (round mold or tupperware mold), dip each biscuit briefly in the strawberry juice and arrange them in a circle and at the bottom of the bowl.
- Add a layer of cream, then a layer of strawberries then continue to alternate until you get to the top of the bowl but make sure you finish with a row of biscuits.
- Cover and put in the freezer for about 3 hours to set
- Before serving make sure you defrost the Charlotte and turn it over on a plate
Enjoy - Bon Appétit